Sign in to follow this  
SVWOHL

Passwords on servers?

I just tried to join the jailbreak server and there's a password set up, why is this? I think that this could ward off new players, and if old players don't know the password, they won't not be able to join and might not join for awhile. Had to ask somebody for the password. I don't know why this was done, hope somebody knows.

There's a rumour that the servers are being DDOS'd, just so ya know...
yeah, I know, but don't they just need the ip to DDOS? I dunno, but I don't think that this is the best way to beat the DDOS'ers.

The password can be anything, and I mean ANYTHING.

You could type in "Anal butt sex" it would work, you could do "wjasdoasjkdoaskdoask" it would work, you could do "2" it would work..

Either way, I don't think it's helping ): jailbreak is down right now. And i like playing jailbreak in the early mornings ;/

The password can be anything, and I mean ANYTHING.

You could type in "Anal butt sex" it would work, you could do "wjasdoasjkdoaskdoask" it would work, you could do "2" it would work..

So wait, what is the rational behind making it password protected if the password is anything?

I don't know what's with it, but if you notice, on servers, most time it will tell you the game it's for, like "Counter-Strike Source" but for our servers, it's like /[]MbT[]\ or something

I don't know what's with it, but if you notice, on servers, most time it will tell you the game it's for, like "Counter-Strike Source" but for our servers, it's like /[]MbT[]\ or something

Oh yeah, that's what happened when the MG server crashed and I tried to join it again. It had that strange game mode with a password.

Meh it's the host, they are only allowing ip's to connect by doing a verification test, and that means typing in any password in order to enter. They are saying this will mitigate a part of the attacks.

Meh it's the host, they are only allowing ip's to connect by doing a verification test, and that means typing in any password in order to enter. They are saying this will mitigate a part of the attacks.

When will they remove it?

Why dont we just have a JB server for members of xG only for a bit until the DDosing problem is fixed? One that has 1 REAL password. It would only be temporary.

Why dont we just have a JB server for members of xG only for a bit until the DDosing problem is fixed? One that has 1 REAL password. It would only be temporary.

You don't have to be in a server to ddos you just need to find the ip so this wouldn't solve a lot. Also what about all the active non members?