Sign in to follow this  
McNeo

Headset

Everyone wants me to get a headset instead of using speakers and webcam mic. I probably should, it would make things easier.

I'd prefer something USB instead of 3.5mm, in my experience USB has better volume control and can get louder.

I'm also on a bit of a budget.

I found these, what do you think?

Rosewill Audio Pro RHM-6308 USB Connector Circumaural Gaming Headset - Newegg.com

Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 USB Connector Circumaural Stereo Headset - Newegg.com

I'm leaning towards the Rosewill ones. Or, recommend something else?

You should buy a wireless headset, that way you can suffer the wrath of playing mid-game and it dies, then you can't hear anything!

Newegg has really great stuff i used to buy there all the time my last purchase was a smarphone from them and the first one they send me was faulty and i called them returned 2 days later had a brand new one working perfectly bought headsets mouse and other PC accessories there stuff is great

well if ur on a budget and u dont rly need a headset, i say just wait until u have more money in ur pocket, the cheap headsets will most likely die or screw up within a few months or so, buy a headset thats at least $80 or more, those are usually the better quality ones

[MEDIA=amazon]B000OAFYVG[/MEDIA]

In all seriousness, I used this headset for the last two years and liked it more than my turtle beaches, which i payed about 150$ more for. I had this headset broken into five pieces, and just holding the mic piece up to my face it still sounded good.

Plus, it's fucking ten dollars. Where can you go wrong? Just make sure you get that exact model, all the other Logitech mics i've bought were absolute shite

(source : i'm fucking poor)

I actually just ordered these:

[MEDIA=amazon]B000J4WPW8[/MEDIA]

I had some Amazon gift card money so only spent about $12 out of pocket for the headset, plus $3.99 for Amazon Prime next-day shipping.

I had this same headset YEARS ago and loved it. Until I broke it by trying to take it apart lol.

you should save up for this one, i got it for my birthday and it is awesome.

[MEDIA=amazon]B001O5CCQK[/MEDIA]

They are both pretty good but I would go with a wireless. Just wait till you accidently stand up or move and you rip the cord and break the USB headset. I've been there, done that at least 3 times.

i have never broken my usb headset, because of standing up, might be because my wire is 2 meters long :P