Sign in to follow this  
LuvBunnies

Nuclear Dawn 1 Week Ban for "Advertising"

Ban Info: Xeno Gamers

Hello,

As a former CSS server and ventrilo admin for the WarForceClan and a current moderator of Nuclear Dawn on Cha0s.net, I am quite familiar with the need to discourage blatant forms of advertising or spamming of other servers with the primary intent to steal players. However, I respectively disagree with admin "Starbuck"s decision to categorize my chatter as advertising". I do not have the chat log or recall exactly what I said, but it goes something like this:

"It's Prime time! Cha0s Prime, bye guys!" (Subsequently joining the Cha0s server of course)

Although reading it now, I must admit, it does sound like a slogan for advertising. :uncomfortableness:

I had intended to inform others by telling them I'd be on the "Prime" server, then realized that the game revolves around Primary and so made the appropriate addendum. I am a rather theatrical person in-game, so my apologies for the confusion, It was not my intent to advertise the Cha0s server, which I'm sure seems more plausible considering I am a moderator on Cha0s, although I would have said it for any server, including XG. If it's any consolation, I tell people to go to XG's server or any other heavily populated server when it has the majority of the players or when someone has really high ping on the Russian or European servers I suggest to them what NA servers are played on a lot so they can enjoy Nuclear Dawn lag-free, especially since there are a lot of new people who do not realize the in-game server browser is buggy and sometimes doesn't show up or just think the game is dead in NA.

Anyways, I hope this does not hold any grudges between the clans or with the admin and myself, Nuclear Dawn's community is small enough as it is.

Just for further reference, will bans be issued if simply mentioning another server with regards to general stuff like, "I'm going to that server" or "That server's down today" or "We had an awesome round on that server"? I would sincerely hope not, considering the small player base of Nuclear Dawn, we must support one another and tell the newbies of all the readily available servers in case something awful should befall one of them, such as our Cha0s server, which is currently stricken with the flu or something. >_<

Regards,

<3 Bunnies

Count yourself lucky that you didnt get permed. These actions could have very well gotten you Perma banned. Wait the 1week or for starbuck to see this (I say he waits.)

I've unbanned you. The ND community is so small and fragile that a ban on one server may very well be a ban on the entire game, and as such, a week is too long for this.

Just for further reference, will bans be issued if simply mentioning another server with regards to general stuff like, "I'm going to that server" or "That server's down today" or "We had an awesome round on that server"? I would sincerely hope not, considering the small player base of Nuclear Dawn, we must support one another and tell the newbies of all the readily available servers in case something awful should befall one of them, such as our Cha0s server, which is currently stricken with the flu or something. >_<

Discussion and variety is great; the only thing that isn't allowed is promoting or encouraging leaving 1 populated to populate another. With you being a mod on cha0s, it seemed to fall under this category. Going forward, I hope all groups will refrain from advertising through other servers.