Sign in to follow this  
RedstoneOre

Euthanasia

Was gonna make this a blog post; but decided it'd sit better as a forum debate.

Euthanasia is a heavily debated subject; it basically means the mercy killing of another person and is in most cases voluntary.

Euthanasia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

•http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-Voluntary_euthanasia

Involuntary euthanasia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Voluntary euthanasia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Euthanasia is only legal in certain countries and if people wish to commit assisted suicide they have to go to one of the few countries that actually permit it.

"As of 2009, some forms of voluntary euthanasia are legal in Belgium, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Switzerland, and the U.S. states of Oregon and Washington."

I don't really see it as a situation that HAS to be argued out; if a person wants to die, let them. If they provide written consent or a video is recorded of them saying they wish to die then there's no reason to contest that. People continue to do so regardless and it's turned into the delicate dispute it has today. So, what do you think; xG?

This is too complex for my young and growing brain.

Anyways, I don't think a human being should kill another human being but only in self defense or if it is completely necessary depending on the consequences if you do not.

If the person is in a vegetable state, the circumstances of his survival should have been disclosed in his will. If not, it should be disclosed by a relatively close relative that possibly does not inherit much from his will.

If the person doesn't have the will to live anymore, nothing should stop him from having a clean death (AKA not getting hung from the ceiling, gun shot to the head, etc).

In general, I do support Euthanasia.