Sign in to follow this  
Slipery

[Idea] Operation populate (Hear me out)

Alright, so we have been having a multitude of problems as of late.

One of these problems being primarily the largest, is Population.

Of all of the servers in-which XenoGamers hosts and runs, we only consider our selves to have two or three populated servers (after the attack). Those servers being Jail Break, Mini Games, and Surf.

I know summer is the sweet spot for XenoGamers, but we really need to advertise our selves better. I have in the past requested permissions from Silence to have us create a proper advertisement on websites such as CSS Top 100 -, Minecraft Servers - Minecraft Server List, or other non-profitable advertising websites.

Another thing we could do is use that little thing called a steam group, to advertise our servers, rather than advertising silence's jokes, or useless things which don't concern our servers what so ever.

Q&A Time, With Slipery Fingers

Q: So what do we do with the Steam Group than Slipery?

A: Post daily Operation populate events, for different servers.

Q: Wont that go down hill?

A: It may, it may not. A good example would be the TF2 Freeze-Tag group, they post over 4 events Daily, yet their steam group continues to grow.

Q: So how exactly does this help XenoGamers? And in which way?

A: This help XenoGamers both directly, and in-directly. By having populated servers, this means that we are publicized more by the simple search engine because more people are looking for full servers rather than empty ones. On top of that, by having more populated servers, and a more active community, this means that few people will donate towards the community in which they prefer.

So to summarize;

1. Advertise more on websites where it is free.

2. Utilize the steam group.

3. Profit

Future Note, I will be posting adds for XenoGamers Minecraft servers and such on some websites as-well.

-Thank You

Slipery Fingers

I've got the Facebook marketing on lock.

Also, this...

Another thing we could do is use that little thing called a steam group, to advertise our servers, rather than advertising silence's jokes, or useless things which don't concern our servers what so ever.

If we only make legit announcements it's more likely people will actually care when one pops up. Using humor isn't a bad thing, but use it within the real announcement.

i just noticed that mcneo has a negative kd

Haha, I was JUST looking at that, and thought about commenting but decided not to :P

Of all of the servers in-which XenoGamers hosts and runs, we only consider our selves to have two or three populated servers (after the attack). Those servers being Jail Break, Mini Games, and Surf.

Exactly. Yet we have more than I think 10 or so servers on a few different games.

Charrax and I just recently finished the Sledbuild and Sandbox and I have yet to see anyone from the group there.