Sign in to follow this  
McNeo

Staff

I've had some things on my mind for some time and I want to share it. This isn't one of my rant threads so bear with me here, I hope all this helps.

Also, I'm not typing this as a newfag admin, these are just my raw thoughts as a member of this community.

Players in our community, members and non-members, have had a seemingly large amount of complains about staff. As a staff member of any rank you should obey the rules like everyone else. I won't name names, but perfect example... Baiting is baiting, guns or not, don't do it once, don't do it a second time after an admin tells you not to, and don't do it a third time and say "I know it's wrong but...". Follow the rules. If the staff doesn't follow the rules the community will do the same thing. And when we punish someone for doing something a staff member did they get butthurt (for good reason!) and it causes more problems.

Along with obeying the rules comes enforcing them. I know it can get overwhelming, and you can't possibly see everything or even every chat message especially while playing. I will never hold that against anyone. But remember that not all players really understand that, so give them a little wiggle room when they start getting impatient. Anyways, this is another big problem - there have been multiple occasions that players concerns go unnoticed. I personally have been asked into a server to deal with someone only to discover 3 or 4 mods/admins already there not doing anything. And when I try to use admin chat they don't even respond to me.

Paid mods and paid admins... You didn't pay for powers... You paid for mod or admin. You didn't pay for bragging rights or cool new toy... You paid to become a staff member. I have nothing against this and I appreciate your support of the community. But, remember: paid or not, you are a member of the staff and you need to represent our community. Frankly, do it or gtfo.

Summers coming and so are the derps. Step it up guys.

Once we start leading by example the community will follow. And once we start enforcing things even *a little* more strictly and noticing and acting upon in-game complaints even *a little* more I think the general population of players will just naturally fall into place and make it more fun for all and eventually make our jobs easier.

That's all I got, and I'm not even drunk!

Also, ponies...

aimg1.xenogamers.org_imported_2012_06_41.jpg.f8eb74774f10af97d12cb99f5f1295d2.jpg

aimg1.xenogamers.org_imported_2012_06_41.jpg.d5eb17ca868e3574b0cc5686dee2c62e.jpg

Second! Agree with thread too doe, my last exam or "final" is tomorrow, can't wait for Summer :D I'll be on JB causing havoc and shit

First!

What the fuck. You really were first. Even before my post I think.

No fucking joke... I hit post, the screen refreshes to show the new post, and I have one notification, and it's your post.

What.

The.

Fuck.

This is really true. I've called McNeo in, myself, to handle these jimmy rustling trouble makers, even though there were already mods on. I know a lot of people don't like McNeo, but I think he might be one of my favorite mods because frankly;

HE GETS THE JOB DONE.

And, on the 'touchy' subject of paid mods; McNeo brings up a great point that you're not buying powers, you're buying the responsibility.

PONIS

[ATTACH]2934.vB[/ATTACH]

132622413230.thumb.jpg.83660a89a3ec384931809d9bf84d1da3.jpg

Im really happy to have you in the clan Neo! <3

This has always been a problem, that when some of the staff get bored, why not bend the rules a little :P

Its awesome finally to see other people noticing this :)

We are here to represent xG, not just screwing around.

I know a lot of people don't like McNeo

I am loved by all.

Why is everything you post SO FUCKING LONG

I'm just a thorough, OCD, and ADHD.

Im really happy to have you in the clan Neo!

-.- Mc Mc Mc Mc Mc Mc Mc Mc Mc Mc Mc Mc Mc Mc Mc Mc McNeo <3

don't do it a second time after an admin tells you not to

That never happens, might as well include mods too, Even if it doesn't go unnoticed, Mods/Admins don't say anything, seeing a warning something is kinda hard now a days. Imo.

seeing a warning something is kinda hard now a days

Too true~

I literally assumed, before I knew they were supposed to, that there were no warnings due to the lack there of.