Sign in to follow this  
SuperNarwhal

New Graphics card?

hey guys, so recently my Graphics card has been pooping on me giving me error messages every so often and sometimes quiting out of games and turning my screen black, so im thinking of getting a new one on my computer. i dont know much about graphics cards so im gonna need ur help.

Im just looking for a equally good, or better card than i have now. Currently i have a GeForce GTX 285, running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit with 6-GB of RAM.

so any suggestions to what new Graphics card i should get? thanks guys <3 you all

If you have an AMD CPU get an AMD GPU. If you have an Intel CPU then get nVidea or AMD doesn't matter.

Get a good quality card; Gigabyte, MSI, EVGA, XFX, or Asus.

Do NOT get two cards for SLI/Crossfire. You'll obviously spend 2 times the money for only about 1.3 times the performance. (Contrary to popular belief SLI and Crossfire does NOT double your GPU power). If you wanna spend twice as much, then spend twice as much on a single card, you'll get more kick per dollar.

Also, get something that's PCI Express x16 2.1 or 3.0. Even if your current mobo doesn't support it (say it only is PCIe x16 2.0) it will be backwards compatible. Getting something current will ensure a longer life for upgradability and performance.

You can use this site to compare cards: Hardware Compare: Graphics Cards & SSD Comparison

I had the same problem a couple months ago. I got the GTX 560TI and it kicks the shit out of all the video games. If you are looking at it, I'd definitely vouch for it.

Depends on your price. Get a gtx 600 series or AMD 6750+. Had 6750 but upgraded to 6990.

Also you might need upgrade other things for a new graphics card to be compatible.

>Inb4 Crossfire

>Inb4 Sli

I would Defanitley get a 500 seris maybe a 580 or 590 for price those are the best cards in my opnion due to the price drop becuase of the 600 seris