Sign in to follow this  
McNeo

You're not being DDOSd

As I initially said when xG was experiencing attacks, a lot of kids and show-offs run around screaming "DDOS" because it's the only hacker-ish word they know (other than "uber-leet"). I'm not sure if it's from all the chat from the xG attacks or just attention whores or maybe a combination of both. But. You are not being DDOS'd.

A Denial-of-Service attack from only one person won't do shit. It's no different than hitting refresh in your browser hundreds of times a minute. If you think one person is attacking you, well, maybe they are, but you wouldn't even notice the bump.

A Distributed Denial-of-Service attack is typically the only thing that would effect someone, and usually takes at least a dozen systems attacking at the same time to start to affect things.

DOS attacks are illegal internationally and are taken very seriously. If you think you're being attacked call your ISP and they must act upon. They don't want all that traffic going through their network any more than you do.

And, like I mentioned in my Security thread, you're not special - A group of internet bullies aren't going to gang up on you just for the fun of it - it's not worth the time or the risk.

If there's a certain thing you're doing and your computer slows down when you do it - don't assume DDOS - assume that whatever you're doing is fucked up. Look for software updates, check running processes, do virus and malware scans, etc.

I'm getting sick of people running to me with "Well, I do this, and then ALLLLLLLL this happens and it has to be this person because I was looking at their Steam page when it happened."

Again, internet attacks are illegal internationally and your ISP and the FBI will take action if it's a legit threat. If you've called your ISP and they don't do anything, well, guess what... You've been the victim of just owning a slow computer.

My inernit went uber leet wen my relatives used skpye. I need some DDOS protiction. help me. i need b e active on css jb.

I remember when the server actually got DDoSed and people called it "Dedicated Denial of Service."

Don't forget the FKW (free-killing-whores) which only occurs in the summer.

A bunch of total dumbasses join the server and cause hell to everyone in the server.

This may only be prevented if a mod+ is in the server to stop the mess.

We always have that cute little rascal threatening our internet security. He has a name, Aram.

add stan n steem den ask for devnull wowooooooo yeee hake.