Sign in to follow this  
Forest

Gaming Price War?

Alright so, it's pretty obvious that this generation is completely all for technology. With this in mind, that means we are hungry for more and more in the "video entertainment" aspect of our lives (atleast I am, I won't deny.) Now, with the Wii-U's impending release, you can possibly expect a pricey range for new games for said console. At one point, game retailers had a 'fictitious' price for the games that were around the 100$ mark. Now I don't know about you, but that's a little much for a Game. Nintendo Did re-assure us that because there is no official price for the Wii-U itself, the prices were estimated, but I mean, an estimation of 100$ for a game?

Alright, keep that in mind and move ahead a year or so. Now Sony and Microsoft have been planning on releasing new consoles as well. Rumours and leaked info of the PS4 "Orbis" from Sony, and the Xbox 720 "Infinity" from Microsoft. Now we're starting to see that war for gaming dominance (although it was pretty clear from the start with the N64, Xbox, and PS). What i'm getting at is, prices for new games are around 59.99$ currently (If they're any good.), which is already pretty steep for me. With the impending consoles coming soon, i'm betting on an increase to about 70~80$ maybe even more. Of course this is just a theory, but it all links together somewhat.

What I want to hear is your guys' thoughts and opinions on the matter. Do you think that the prices will ever stabilize and remain at a constant? (They've been stabilized for quite some time, but it's currently expected to rise once more.) Or will they just rise and rise with each new introduction of a new gaming console. And what much else, if anything, can you pack into the current gaming consoles?

So, in generalization, due to the gaining popularity and feedback in video games, the value is continuously gaining value as mentioned in the status quo: such as technological advancements, rising gaming market, etc.

No shit, Sherlock Holmes- better yet, fuck this shit.

Anyone who doesn't torrent, borrow, or wait for the price to drop/sale is a retard.

There, I said it. People that buy games at $60 are only feeding the system and the prices will keep going up if you agree to their demands.

Honestly, i'd be with this, but the fact of the matter is i'm the type who, if the game deserves it, pay the price for the game. In a sense, i'll buy it if it's literally worth my money, just because I appreciate what the designers created. It's the same with music. If I see a album that has maybe two or three songs I like, and the rest is just Shit, i'll end up torrenting because I feel it isn't worth my money. Thanks for your input