Sign in to follow this  
JohnDiesel

Copious amounts of Mic Spamming

There are several admins who have been mic spamming, particularly playing music over everything else (this includes people who spam the !intro song to all players). This is often over top of others who either try to give orders, and there are lots of people that just don't care to listen to whatever random crap they are playing.

There was an instance just now where MineCrack (STEAM_0:0:41345874) was mic spamming some annoying music during a warday as a CT. The next round, he requested people to pass him warden so that he could "punish the T's" His goal was to complete FR/LR all day, in which he would Tarp the whole time to slay the T team.

I can't exactly post a demo of what someone says in the server --- if there is a way to record the video and audio together, I don't know about it.

The server rules should be edited to keep this from happening. Simply add one that says - No mic spamming. It seems to be a recurring issue, because I see a situation where Catbutts is being punished for a related problem.

to get proof, type record "filename" in console to record ingame from ur perspective, to stop recording type stop in console, if u can get any sort of proof about this, it would help us a lot on cracking down admin abusers, ill keep the thread open for a day or two until u can get some proof, if not, ill have to close it until u can get proof

Using HLDJ isnt mic spamming, if you have a problem with it being used on the server take it up with silence. It's only allowed to be used by non admins during freedays/wardays and LR, Admins are allowed to use it during days like Pokemon.

to get proof, type record "filename" in console to record ingame from ur perspective, to stop recording type stop in console, if u can get any sort of proof about this, it would help us a lot on cracking down admin abusers, ill keep the thread open for a day or two until u can get some proof, if not, ill have to close it until u can get proof

I know how to record a demo, but I didn't think that it captured audio, just the visual perspective of the spectator. These things weren't typed, but said via mic.

I did it during a warday while I was warday. The only person who complain was you, then you put your mic to your speakers and started blaring music louder than I did with a purchased product from xG's Hub.

If I can't use it remove it. Atleast one or two will instantly complain, but 95% of the server enjoy it and it makes jailbreak funner.

I don't spam it soon as I get unmuted, that is obviously mic spamming. I play it when i'm rebeling while warden is dead, while i'm warden during a game, freedays, lr, and wardays.

tl;dr OP is butthurt over music played with hldj. Not abuse, no admin/moderator powers were used.

@@serbiansnaga

Well it does record audio. And what you described isn't illegal if he did it during a warday.

See OP...

The next round, he requested people to pass him warden so that he could "punish the T's" His goal was to complete FR/LR all day, in which he would Tarp the whole time to slay the T team.

I'd thank you to drop hostilities. All I did was make a suggestion, stating that numerous people have been doing this, including !intro spamming.

The game is supposed to be fun, and if attitudes like this are allowed to go unchecked, then your servers will start to die off. It's happened to the last three clans that I've been in.

It's hldj. Draxxx, you're only repeat what serbian said. And i'm replying in if one person isn't enjoying their time, why does everyone else have to suffer?

If one person doesn't like it why cant he just mute the person playing it? if a few people complain thats different, there could be one person who doesnt like the one using it and telling him to stop.

Should hldj be removed if one person can decide how 20+ can enjoy jailbreak.

Effectively you are the 1 person deciding how it should be enjoyed, so you can use the same logic against you.

But imo, as long as it is in those certain time constraints: freedays, wardays lr its fine. Or maybe those cha cha slide days we always used to have.

1. This is NOT admin abuse as you buy hldj access in hub.

2. I was there and we were asking him to play the music.

3. You can hit escape and click playerlist and mute minecrack yourself.

4. The whole fr/lr thing was a joke.