Sign in to follow this  
Duplolas

DayZ Server

Ok so. So you guys dont have to keep asking, i will be updating this thread and answering questions about the server so if you have a question it might be already answered.

So quickly we have a DayZ Server. I am maintaining it.

Currently I am waiting for a confirmation email from the makers of the mod to allow us to have the mod on our server. Before you can even download the file to run on the server they have to confirm it so there is no way to get around that. After I get the confirmation which hopefully will be sometime today, the server will be up a couple hours after that.

Most likely the number of people who can play on the server will 40 players. As the server grows silence will most likely update the server itself to allow the game to run with less lag.

We cant not change the DayZ mod in any way for the people who play on the server to have any better equipment. This is because unlike vehicles, weapons stay with you no matter what server you go on. So giving you a free sniper rifle with a full backpack of mags wouldnt be fair now would it?

Thats all I know for now so if you have any questions just post em here. Ill answer them as soon as I can.

Update 2:

Its taking them a lot longer of a time to grant access to our server to use the mod than I thought... Ive looked into downloading the mission file from somewhere else but it only has older versions that wouldnt work. Also if caught the server would be shut down.

As for right now, all we can do it wait for the people at DayZ to approve our server so that we may finally play the mod.

As I was looking through the hell they call DayZ Forums, I found the requirements for a DayZ server, which we dont currently meet...

CPU: Modern Quad Core @ 2.0Ghz+ (CPU is the main bottleneck for an ArmA server, so the more powerful the better)

RAM: 8GB (RAM isn't a big issue in an ArmA server, so don't be overly concerned with having copious amounts)

Storage: 50GB+ HDD - 500 IOPS minimum. SSD or 15k RPM SAS is recommended.

Network: 100Mbps+ dedicated. Bandwidth cap must be at least 2TB or more.

Slots: All servers must be running at 40+ slots, or 30+ in areas where bandwidth is expensive and where permitted. (Usually reserved for developing countries or remote regions)

Operating System: Windows 2003, 2008, 2008 R2

^ Is copy n pasted from their forums. @@silence

Well. I propose that we hold off on the DayZ server then. Their forum is a mess. They have little to none customer service. Their game is already buggy as fuck. And the cost of a server for CO is going up because of the amount of servers wanting DayZ.

ALL DREAMS ARE CRUSHED. ALL HOPES ARE LOST. MUST WAIT UNTIL XG HAS MORE MONIES!

Why not run a "private" DayZ server that doesn't have access to the hive and main servers, then you can do what ever you want and don't have to worry about spawned weapons persisting to "online" servers.