Duplolas

New Game Mode?

So I decided to hop back on the ole xbox 360 yesterday and had a great idea. There is a game mode for halo that people havent brought over to PC ever! Its called Fat Kid. Basically there is a 4 floor stadium with a long window to shoot out of for every level. The idea is to keep the fat kid who is invincible from killing a human. He of course is very slow, but you could never really pull it off with CSS because of how the game worked. In CSGO you can actually push people with your guns now, which is the whole premise behind Fat Kid. To not let him kill you by keeping him so slow that he cant get to you. Eventually no matter how much you shoot him, he progresses through each level. But heres the catch. When he kills you (1 knife hit) you become a skinny kid. One that runs very fast but it killable by 1 head shot, or a few shots to the chest.

Each round starts out with 1 fat kid and 2 skinny kids. That way the round eventually progresses. Now there was some flaws to it for halo. There wasn't timed rounds, where as on CSGO you can have say a 10 minute round and you could win if you survived for that long. Also the map itself had flaws to it. Because it was halo, they had restrictions on what you could build by making everything cost a set amount, where as CSGO you can build anything you fucking want.

The mod itself should be pretty easy to make considering its just making 1 player spawn slow, the skinny ones go fast and have low hp, and then the survivors are regular.

As for guns. You only spawn with a pistol, like you do in CSGO already. And as you climbed levels, which is easy to do, you got better and better guns. Though there was the constant threat of running out of ammo. So with the many skinny kids and having to keep the fat kid going very slow this was challenging.

This would be a great thing for xG for many reasons. xG would get the rep of creating a successful mod. We would get the advertising for the map and the mod. Many people would enjoy the mod considering it was the most played game mode on halo 3 for its full reign and still has been remade on every single game in the series to follow, and then still remained the most popular game mode.

The video below is the halo reach remake of the mod. It has some shitty commentary to go along with it but you can get the gist of the game mode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKZZ3UZnbvM

The video below is a type of fat kid game mode. Its basically like zombie escape except you have to break down barriers using melee or guns to open the next stage while the fat kid slowly closes in. There still is skinny kids to attack while the fat one is catching up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHGPm5Ds914

Please leave what you think below. This is seriously what i did for really 4 years and never got bored of it. This idea will work, and I can pay for any thing we need to make it work (just cant pay till November for it, sorry). But just as a reminder, these game maps were made for a console game in which you were limited to what you could make.

So in addition to the post explaining it a little, here is how it would work.

Basic Gameplay

The Terrorist Team would consist of 1 Fat Kid and 2 Skinny Kids. They all would be susceptible to push back from guns, but this would only really matter for fat kid. As the Skinny kids have low gravity and run fast, but be like 1 shot head shot kill and maybe a couple body shot kills. This would make it so the Survivors would have to focus not only on the slowly advancing invincible obese kid, they would have enemy players flying at them left and right. Which after you are hit by them, you become as skinny kid as well. You never become a fat kid you can only spawn as him. You must survive by staying alive for a set amount a time, in which at the end if you have lived the entire round, you win.

The Map

The starter map we would have would consist of 4 floors. The ground floor - 4th floor. Each floor is connected by a long tunnel which at the end of has a short stair case up the next floor. On each floor there is a large window for you to fire out of, closed off so that skinny kids cant get through, but that you can still fire through without it being bullet penetration. Each window alternates sides every level you go up. Ground floor can fire at the front of the fat kid, 2nd floor fires at his back, 3rd - front, 4th - back. There is a really good reason for this. Ground floor is risky because its the closest to the spawn of the skinny kids and the fat kid, though you are shooting at his front. 2nd floor is higher up so you have less accuracy and are not slowing him down as much as before because you are only shooting him in the back. 3rd floor you are shooting at his front again, but with even less accuracy, this means more ammo used, less risk, possibly less push back. 4th floor is the least accurate area to shoot from, though it is the easiest to defend as you have more time to pick off skinny kids, but you are again shooting at his back (though it may not matter at this point because he will most likely be off the ground floor. As for if you complete the map by surviving the entire time you could have many different combinations of how you complete the map. Like with zombie escape you could simply have a heli and then the map would get nuked.

Guns

In this game you only spawn with a pistol, really only capable to take out skinny kids with a head shot. Not really doing much push back either. These pistols would have unlimited ammo, but you would still have to reload. Every level you go up you will find a higher tier of gun. 2nd floor, sub-machine guns, shotguns, other pistols. 3rd floor, assault rifles and higher tier sub-machine guns. 4th floor, snipers, machine guns, higher tier assault rifles. Now with every higher tier weapon, there will be less ammo and less of them. This means only a limited number of players will be able to get the best of the best guns and for only a limited time due to the amount of ammo. Also you have to account for the time it takes to get up the higher levels. If everyone rushes the top level, not everyone will get a good gun, and the fat kid and skinny kids will have a free ride to rape you. So, threat of ammo + skinny kids + invincible fat kid + size of map = Hard + Fun Game.

Making the Mod

Ive been talking to Link_ about how to make it so the fat kid would be able have his powers while the rest can run fast and jump high. It may be possible to make it so the fat kid has the bomb, or that all the kids spawn skinny, and first one to the bomb gets to keep it. Though you would be able to pass the bomb to give each other invincibility, you have to risk getting killed by the survivors in the process. Now as for choosing who will be on the Terrorist (Kids) first, it simply would be randomized. There would be a problem with keeping players from team switching as you would need to some how make it so once hit by a kid you become one without people just team switching themselves when ever they want.

Number of +1s for this: 16

Poncher

Duplolas

Reflex

Haadron

Dark Wolf

Neo

Draxx

Ohmaigawd

(Unofficially) Link_

MrPenguino

RiddleWolf

Bigblack

Nivek

Ronaconda

G1McKenzie

Forest

Number of -1s for this: JACK SHIT!

If you really think someone can do the coding for the game, that would be something I'd play, even though I don't get a lot of variety (I'm a bland ass mofo :l) +1 Who else thinks this would be fun?

This game mode is also almost universal for most zombie escape maps. For example the temple zombie escape map has barriars that only open after a certain time. This game mode would work on that map. But on maps like mario tower where the barriars open on a timer but the distance you need to travel is too long. The main point of this game mode is to be challenging. To lose more than you win. But that's why it has such a high replay value. Because people want to win. That's why games like portal are so popular. Sure its funny. But because you can fail if you do the puzzle wrong and end up restarting. There's the replay value. Because you want to be able to say to yourself that you won. (Sent by mobile)

Also @@Starbuck because i forgot to.

Also, im in contact with [sG] Paul (steam gamers). He makes most of the minigames maps we use on our servers, and really is the best map maker on CS:GO right now. So I think I could try to get him to make a map for us if we cant get any one within our clan to do it.

Yeah I'm not gonna lie I played this a tonnn in the past. If you could put it in correctly, +1 .

Or we could just get a halo division :D (anyone..? No? Just me?)

Having a console only division on a PC gaming community is as insane as think Canada is a real county (luv you Link_)

Still waiting on @@Starbuck to geht his booty on here to see if this would be possible.