Sign in to follow this  
McNeo

JB RP

Unless I'm mistaken, the whole point of a jailbreak server is to be a role-playing game. At least, that's what I play it as.

Now, I understands things may get monotone, boring, repetitive, etc so some days go better than others. But isn't that the whole point of the wardays, freedays, and other special days?

I've noticed within the last week or so that real actual structured "role played" jailbreak days have been on the decline with more random mess mass-suicide un-called freeday derp around just shoot everyone days.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Can something be said or done to try to swing things back in the RP direction?

I think a big help if Mods/Admins where more actively swapping no-mic CTs to T. I know the rules state there needs to be a 3 to 1 or 4 to 1 ration of mics or whatever, but that sometimes isn't enough. Or the people with mics don't use them or don't use them enough.

Something else that may be helpful is if teamswitching was used more as a way to get bad CT's off of CT and over to T. Maybe take a few things into consideration: Freekilling is normally a slay, but if they freekill PLUS have no mic? Swap to T. Not with T's more than once? Swap to T's. Admits to not knowing the motd on an "important" thing? Swap to T.

Just some ideas to help keep things moving and keep players who are good at being CT on CT (if they want it, of course).

Ahhh, McNeo posting long ass threads.

Just like the good ol' days haha

It all comes down to our mods and admins doing their jobs and having good judgement.

i miss the days where you almost always had days where cts win

You mean when we had non-derp CT's that actually played the round how they should? lol

Present company excluded, of course, Derp. (lol, seewhatididthere?)

I'm not sure I understand what you are getting at, McNeo. Isn't role-playing where (for example) the CTs would call the warden "sir" and generally pretend that what is happening in-game is real?

What are some examples of situations where role-playing is utilized to allow the CTs to win?

(maybe I just don't play real role-playing games enough to understand the definition)

More or less, yes. Obviously jailbreak is far far from a real jail. But still, the point is to actually play the games, reduce the number of T's, rebel if you can, etc. It's all spelled out in the first paragraph of the motd even.

It's just round after round after round of uncalled freedays or CTs having T's at cells for 3 minutes and shit like that that just kills the game, and the server.

Hmm. Maybe it's just when I play, but I don't have that bad of an experience when I'm on.

Do you have any propositions as to what could change (rules-wise) in order to realize the visions you've described? I don't think many of the CTs that are causing these sorts of days will read this thread and change because of one's opinion.

I think the most drastic (and maybe the most effective) change would be to add a time limit in which new orders must be given (eg. New orders must be given every 30 seconds). I don't want a rule like that added due to obvious disadvantages, but it would keep things moving along quickly.

No we don't need more rules. Dear god no. Though I have seen plenty of other JB servers that do require orders within 30 seconds. Or AT LEAST that t's must be moved from in front of cells within 30 seconds.

One thing that really slows it down is when a warden gets overwhelmed with rebels and fails to give orders - that happens too frequently and t's are left at cells until 6:00 or even 5:30 or longer. If CT's now require permission to go hunt rebels then warden really needs to push that and CTs need to do that while warden carries on with the day.

I always try to move T's quick then send one CT to do a cell check and one CT to rebel hunt and I try to call out commands to CT's in between orders to T's. And I know a lot of others do it too, yourself included. It's really effective but some people just don't get it and they fold under the pressure lol.

I'm not trying to make more rules, and I understand "it's just a game" - but it is role playing after all. If you wanna randomly run around and shoot people there's other servers for that.

[video=youtube_share;KZ04mfAY2BU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ04mfAY2BU

Lawl, back when it was DC vs R was the best.

I dont really follow that ratio rule (uh oh, ban me!). If the team is a derpin, im a switchin. I generally just switch the ones who constantly make mistakes, it makes way for people to try ct, and lets the derps learn the rules without getting banned.

what is jailbreak? i thought we were playing on a standard css server with prison style maps......

really though this is what i think the real problem is, people are pussy ass bitches.

what i mean by that is that they are push overs, for example i personally try to rebel every round, here and there i will follow orders but w.e, and then when i get to a point where i know i am gonna be caught i quickly spam a bind asking for a pardon and 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999% of wardens give me that pardon, then i go to the Ts (throw a flash or smoke on my way while still unseen) and continue to rebel, kill off teams yolo. when i am CT however i am what people call "A fucking prick" "an asshole" "hitler" "stalin" "nagger" "faggot" "strict as fuck" because that is what our CTs need to be, quite frankly. for jb to go smoothly and people to have a good time, you cant just have chaos and basically play deathmatch, you need order, and you need CTs to run the prison with an iron fist (#Stalin). so when i warden, i generally dont give pardons unless it is something that could be misunderstood EASILY if you have to imply several things for me to be misunderstood go fuck yourself, you die. and IMHO there are only a dime a dozen of these CTs like me, and generally that is the people who are the admins/divs and some mods and VERY FEW members/non members. because lets face it, some of the mods, and a lot of the members and non members really blow at CT in general and blow even harder at Warden.

how do i propose we fix it? (sarcasm) ban everyone from CT except staff, then make an application process to get CT access.

rly doe, do what poncher and i do, be douchebags or pricks with admin, in his case he swaps them, in my case i give them MINOR bans, like a couple hours so that when they get kicked off of CT after it, they have no chance of getting back on it any time soon (epecially on the overplayed maps that go on forever or the next map) that way they are basically forced to watch me hitler it out and do a few rounds as warden to show them how it works as CT and as Warden (on different maps) so they get a better idea and can follow the example set out by us who are good at being ct/warden. quite honestly i feel my way is better than ponchers because they can just switch back to CT easily and keep derping up. and I feel that we need to embrace my way of doing it (it may not be the nicest and you may come off as a prick as a mod/admin) because it generally gets the job done. i know there are a few people who are pretty good cts/wardens because of this method.

Lawl, back when it was DC vs R was the best.

I dont really follow that ratio rule (uh oh, ban me!). If the team is a derpin, im a switchin. I generally just switch the ones who constantly make mistakes, it makes way for people to try ct, and lets the derps learn the rules without getting banned.

ah the good ol days, the gang wars and who gives a fuck freekilling amongst friends, and when admin abuse on other mods/admins wasn't such a bad thing because we all knew how to take a fucking joke and didn't bitch about it, even if you were not directly involved and were just a bystander. (#SnitchesGetStitches)

how do i propose we fix it? (sarcasm) ban everyone from CT except staff, then make an application process to get CT access.

You know, that idea might work if the server population was large enough. (ie. There would always be certified CTs online.)

...in my case i give them MINOR bans... [so] they have no chance of getting back on [the CT team] any time soon...that way they are basically forced to watch...how it works as [a] CT and as Warden. ...i know there are a few people who are pretty good cts/wardens because of this method.

I would be interested in hearing some names / specific examples. Also, some people consider "good CTs" to be those who make the game fun rather than those who play to win. (I play to win most of the time)

for jb to go smoothly and people to have a good time, you cant just have chaos and basically play deathmatch...

^

|

|

| Don't these two statements contradict each other?

|

|

v

ah the good ol days, the gang wars and who gives a fuck freekilling amongst friends, and when admin abuse on other mods/admins wasn't such a bad thing because we all knew how to take a fucking joke and didn't bitch about it...

(Disclaimer: I'm interested in hearing your way of thinking rather than challenging your logic.)

This stupid warden plugin really changed jailbreak. It can be a hassle with spam and same people getting it. Before 5+ people screamed at the top of their lungs to get warden. Usually me swizz and a few others :p but we had some cool guys around back then. I rarely see them on which blows. Most of us who use to play lost interest with massive amounts of game time.

Bottom line is jailbreak isn't what it use to be and really runs on the new people, and if you haven't noticed the new generation are much younger and don't have mics. I will definitely encourage rp though as its quite fun when someone shows interest in wardening. Not the robotic tone in their voice type of warden which systematically does frlr then heads over to the nearest couch game for lr.

Sign in to follow this