Sign in to follow this  
Microsoft

Gaming computer for $700-$800

Your RAM is a bit overkill, you really only need 8GB RAM. Also, 700w is a bit much as well.

They are compatible, and you should get 60FPS in Minecraft and such.

Well I like Newegg (www.newegg.com) more than I did Tigerdirect because some of the prices are lower and they have a 30 anything goes return warranty on everything, and if you are going with a 4-core CPU then I'd go with the AMD 965 X4, it's like $99.99 and paired with say the 7770 which is also a great GPU then you should be fine, also if you go with an AMD CPU solution then either go with the X4 965 or the AMD FX 6300. This CPU (AMD FX 6300) is the best bang for your buck and only $139.99, and if you do go with an AMD CPU then I would suggest a CPU cooler with it

(what about your OS?)

(here is your parts list using newegg)

Optical Drive: ASUS Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk Black - Newegg.com

Case: Thermaltake Commander Series Commander MS-II Black SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com

HDD: Western Digital Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive - Newegg.com

Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 AM3+ AMD 970 + SB950 6 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), gray USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS - Newegg.com

GPU: XFX CORE Edition Radeon HD 7770 FX-777A-ZNF4 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Newegg.com (+ 1 Free Game)

Power Supply: CORSAIR CX series CX600 600W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com

RAM: HyperX 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 HyperX Plug n Play Desktop Memory Model KHX1600C9D3P1K2/8G - Newegg.com

CPU(s):

Budget-> AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX - Newegg.com

Performance-> AMD FX-6300 Vishera 6-Core 3.5GHz (4.1GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 95W FD6300WMHKBOX Desktop Processor - Newegg.com

CPU Cooler: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel 2011/1366/1155 and AMD FM1/FM2/AM3+ - Newegg.com

Total:

Budget CPU: $669.74 and if you're motivated $40 worth of mail-in-rebates

Performace CPU: $709.74 and still $40 worth in mail-in-rebates

If you are willing to spend the extra cash and fill up the $800 just get a better GPU like this instead of the other one:

XFX Core Edition Radeon HD 7850 FX-785A-CNL4 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Newegg.com

Regards,

-ERNIE

On the Cpu i suggest an i5 they are little more reliable and they also have very good reviews i have self experience with them. they are very user freindly and easy to install.

On the Cpu i suggest an i5 they are little more reliable and they also have very good reviews i have self experience with them. they are very user freindly and easy to install.

i5s are hardly more "reliable." CPUs either work or they dont. The FC series had good reviews (outside of benchmark reviews) too. I hardly see how any CPU is more user friendly than another, especially since the intel heatsinks use the push pins of death still as far as i know.

Its a good PC,as mentioned your ram is complete overkill and your PSU is too. I might recommend lowering the ram to 8GB and picking up a 7850. but thats just me.