Coodie

Simon Says Crouch

"CROUCHING DURING SIMON SAYS IS A PERMANENT ORDER."

OK, so the other day we were playing in Alpha, doing some fun exciting Simon Says. So as Simon, I said "Simon says crouch". Then "Simon says get on top of the metal cage." I don't remember who it was, but I know it was a mod, they stood up and climbed the cage and remained standing. Then we had a fun discussion with him about standing up, but he was adamant that "get on top of the metal cage" was good enough to cancel the crouch order. We all were not, so he was shot and killed.....he then slayed the guy who shot him...

I think we were right to shoot him. Were we not?

It's not a huge deal. I just want clarification for the future.

Thanks!

It was @@Dravin who stood up. I agree with him to be honest because saying "get to..." is too vague and should override the crouching order as you aren't giving them a clear way to get there. This is easily averted if wardens just change "get to" to "crouch to". Simple as that.

It was me as warden and Baron was the Admin on. you gotta remember that crouching is a permanent order in simon says. If you disagree with that then let me know. When some one says "simon says crouch" you can only uncrouch when simon says "simon says uncrouch"

Opie is correct, you can't even knife in simon says without direct orders to do so, why would you be able to uncrouch without say so? if they weren't playing simon says then yes, "Get to the top of the big cage" would allow for uncrouching to be argueable.

Ever since I've played on the server "get to" always meant run maybe that's changed in the last 3 weeks well I was gone but I'm not sure, but if you tell us to start crouching and then you tell us to run somewhere , shouldn't the crouch order be canceled out? and if what Opie says is true than we've all been mass free killing on Simon Says if you have to specify every order like that in Simon Says.

Crouching is a permanent order. so if the warden says "Simon says crouch" then "Simon says get on top of big cage" you must crouch over, and climb the ladder (you should remained crouching doing this, even though it is very hard to tell, just so you are already crouched at the top) and then remain crouched on top. as simon only said to get on top of big cage if you are not there crouching you will be killed. since he did not say to freeze as soon as you are on top, you can move around on top of it until you stop then you should remain frozen STILL CROUCHING

@@Chrono So in that case, if simon says "All ts crouch" and then says Simon Says "All ts run to the top of the big cage" We must remain crouched, now coodie did not say run to the top of the Big Cage its just an example to clarify things for me so it won't happen again.

The only TWO orders that can cancel crouch in simon says are "simon says uncrouch" and "simon says stand up". "simon says uncrouch/standup when blah blah blah" also work.

-Still have questions? post a comment-

CLOSED