Charrax

[The Dead Linger] Zombie Survival Game

aimg1.xenogamers.org_imported_2013_01_13.png.5b4a3232edcc04656a7d65d8742584dd.png

The Dead Linger is a game that began development before DayZ was released/announced. So none of you can say it is a clone.

It is in early alpha and already has a ton of things to do.

Pros/Mechanics:

-Dynamic Barricading.

-Procedural [Randomly and infinite] generated maps.

-Biomes.

-Almost every single house, store, building is enter-able.

-It is made for small (16 player) teamwork. But also for large (256 player) servers.

-Night time increases a zombie's senses by a little. But the flashlight and gun muzzle flare are dead giveaways.

-Dynamic weather, and lighting that isnt based on a real day. (This was annoying because whenever I play DayZ it was night time and going to a different server meant a gain of ping.)

-Plans for Air, Land and Water vehicles.

-Possible house ownership in the future.

-Seed generation! However weapons, vehicles, and all that will not be in the world seed.

-Hunger system that requires not much attention.

-Equipable clothes, gas masks, backpacks for more room, and more.

-A perk system that is fair.

-Zombies use all senses. (Well except taste... unless you get caught.)

-Inventories are server-side.

-Perma-death is an option.

Now is is in very early alpha and already a ton of things are implemented, and the world generator is mainly procedural. Guns and aiming are included and just about everything. Zombies are KILL ON HEADSHOT. You can slow them by body shots and leg breaking but that wont kill them.

Why am I telling xG about this game?

-I plan on hosting a Div for it if I will be allowed to.

-It deserves all your money.

-It is in early alpha which means it is a low price!

For more info:

FAQ

Wiki

Eh, looks nice and doesn't take as much as dayz does! also has some nice features such as building and barricading as i can see! i hope they do make it look more intense tho xD i'd love to play it. This could be played by anyone who can't run Dayz and can't handle the power of patient which dayz needs! super intense! :D @@serbiansnaga!

Got the game as well, and seems to have a pretty promising future. While it is pretty glitchy (which should be expected considering it's basically in Version Alpha .0000001) the stuff that the developers are saying will be implemented (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.-level graphics, being able to fortify a house, deep character customization) is pretty awesome. While it isn't really div-worthy yet, considering there aren't that many people on, and once again, it's very early in development, we should definitely keep an eye on The Dead Linger.

I thought Warz was a Joke division in our clan. There's seriously people who thought that was a good "game". It was a blatant cash grab.
Yeah I honestly don't know why we still have this as a division. The game was a half-assed attempt to steal a profit from the success of DayZ. In my opinion, the WarZ division should be removed, as we shouldn't support a game that stoops so low.

seems a little bit on the expensive side for a game in alpha stage, but thats probably just me. the game looks a lot better than dayz but I wouldnt pay $20 for a game in alpha.

Meh, I'll give it a try sometime, but I think the dayz standalone looks REALLY promising. And I'm still having a ton of fun on dayz. But ill try it sometime.