Sign in to follow this  
speedlimit56kb

New HLDJ Rule

Ok Ladies and Gentlemen , as u all know , everybody that is in our servers and don't like a music they can type "off" in chat for the person to stop playing w.e song it is they are playing. but i must say that lately pple have been spamming "Off" just for shit's and giggles to every song that get's played. idk if any of u feel the same , but i feel as if it should be up to mods/admins , and higher ups to decide weather or not a song should be turned off or not , instead of just having pple spam "Off" for shit's and giggles , so im asking if this rule can be changed , so that it is up to only mods + higher ups to decide weather or not a song should be played. @@serbiansnaga @@Neo

@autumn

What about a plugin of sorts? Type !off to add to the "off list". Only living players votes would count. Living/dead/specing admins votes would always count. Once it reaches 5 it resets the counter and displays a message on screen and maybe mutes the player for 5 seconds or something.

Random thought, not sure if possible or feasible.

@autumn

What about a plugin of sorts? Type !off to add to the "off list". Only living players votes would count. Living/dead/specing admins votes would always count. Once it reaches 5 it resets the counter and displays a message on screen and maybe mutes the player for 5 seconds or something.

Random thought, not sure if possible or feasible.

Super Plus! This idea is extraordinary. Not but seriously if we get this implemented (might take coders) It could help reduce spam.

-1. This puts waaay to much power in the hands of admins and mods. All the influence that normal players have on the servers (in terms of punishing rule-breakers and such) is reporting people via admin chat, and the "off" system for whether or not HLDJ stays on or off. If McNeo's idea could be implemented in some way, that would be awesome. Lastly, the rules regarding HLDJ were very recently changed, lets just wait a while before we change them again.

Yes , I agree , this will be even better then just us admins saying off. ill +1 all day , now it's up to silence to see if he can make it possible.

@@McNeo something like that wouldn't be possible, because the !off system would not be able to distinguish when someone is playing music or when someone is talking from what I know, so technically if warden is talking, T's can just !off so the warden gets muted. Also if there is a refresh timer on when someone can !off after the vote passing, a second person could play music for like 30 seconds or however long the refresh timer is untill the next vote is up. I personally see too many bugs for it to be a viable plug-in, also doubt silence would implement something like this as it would just give people a bigger reason not to buy HLDJ if they're just gonna get muted for using it from douchebags who can just spam !off.

The muting thing would be optional if there's a way to detect HLDJ (the server used to block HLDJ but not talking, so I assume it can be detected - but again, if not, it's optional).

It could simply display an "Off" message.

Or, turn it around, and give mods/admins something to allow HLDJ, such as on wardays and freedays admin would type "!hldj" to enable it through the end of the round. Again, this would only work if HLDJ can be detected by the server. A negative of this is people couldn't play those short little sound bites.

I too can see all kinds of issues with something like this, it was jsut a thought

Yeah i like the idea that staff can turn it on, also gives a problem though if staff aren't on, then HLDJ can't be turned on by anyone even during freeday/warday.

I dunno, there's always negatives and positives to it, the idea of the message popping on the screen isn't a bad idea though, maybe if it's like a !vote system for HLDJ only, and it just says OFF or ON and would need majority of server to vote, so that way 5 people can't ruin it for majority if majority by chance want it.

Would need a new method of !vote though, because I think the timeout is like 30 seconds, and need to wait another 10-15 secs before doing another vote

@McNeo something like that wouldn't be possible, because the !off system would not be able to distinguish when someone is playing music or when someone is talking from what I know, so technically if warden is talking, T's can just !off so the warden gets muted. Also if there is a refresh timer on when someone can !off after the vote passing, a second person could play music for like 30 seconds or however long the refresh timer is untill the next vote is up. I personally see too many bugs for it to be a viable plug-in, also doubt silence would implement something like this as it would just give people a bigger reason not to buy HLDJ if they're just gonna get muted for using it from douchebags who can just spam !off.

couldn't it would be possible though? if you don't have hldj access, the server blocks the use of your hldj. maybe if you just made some minor changes to the plugin's code. (i'm not sure if this is a possibility, i have no experience with cs:s code.)