Sign in to follow this  
Aegean

MOTD for JB

I was browsing the posts from 2011 cuz I`m an oldfag and I was bored, so this is one of the threads that came up.

MOTD (being edited with Ducki and I)

There were alot of complaints in the past about the MOTD being too long so I was just looking into it a bit.

This is a much shorter MOTD and it worked just fine back then. All that needs to be added to it is the new games, new plug-ins and some of the changes that has been made. If this is used as the guideline, it should be relatively shorter and people will have a better time reading the rules.

Anyways, I`m not rewriting the MOTD for the fourth time, but this should be enough help to at least get it started :P

Take care!

Theres a lot of specifics though that aren't mentioned in the motd, which is why I made that thread earlier. I think the motd we have now is fine, people can ctrl + f easily to find certain things. I think it needs to be in depth to cover even the minor things, which there are so many of.

Please simplify the MOTD. That is all I ask. New members end up not reading the MOTD because they get lazy and just want to play. I think that the MOTD should be readable in about 3 minutes.

A decent guideline of rules should take about 3 minutes to read.

A good guideline of rules should take about 5 minutes to read.

An elaborated, detailed and well planned out motd should take 'who the fuck cares' amount of time, because it leaves you with little to no questions at all and is hell'a thorough in everything it mentions.

PS: "FUCK DA POLICE" - Cristo