Sign in to follow this  
AbrahamL

Regarding -xg-r-

Keep Or Get Rid Of xg-r-  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Keep Or Get Rid Of xg-r-

• Get Rid of
    • Keep

xG is just too easy to get into now a days. I think the amount for vouches should be risen (because more people are in xG to vouch) but thats just me

xG is too easy to get into not because of the rules, but because of several hundred people +1'ing apps without giving valid reasoning or just because they want to get their post count up.

If members actually took the time to watch one applicant for say, a few days, then give their input, you would notice a lot less people being accepted. Another reason is the applicant's friends bombarding with +1s. Raising the amount of vouches required won't fix this problem, it'll just take more time for people to inevitably get accepted.

Now, pertaining to the thread. As McNeo stated, this is up for debate in the Admin group and it is currently being worked with. When a solution has come up where everyone can agree, it will be announced on forums.

- Dat guy, Forest

people +1'ing apps without giving valid reasoning

I hope you're including yourself on that, cus I've seen you do it.

Well see, either you call it a community and everyone is xG or you call it a clan and try to make it a little more difficult to enter. Oh well, too late for change

Off topic - But why doesn't xG get sponsors or someshit? Like ones that pay a lot and are dedicated (I may be totally off guard, this may be already happening, wasnt sure) Don't wana compare HG, but they have sponsors. Not to cause any arguing, just wondering.

I'm currently talking to Morton's Salt about a Sponsorship. The early stages it are going smoothly and I think you will all be happy to get free salt from your local markets. This is still in early stages, but their board has assured me that this community indeed seems "salty" enough for their sponsorship.

Please remember "When it rains, it pours."

[ATTACH]4479.vB[/ATTACH]

morto.jpg.184f28899ffaae67a23b1a03438fe03e.jpg

It helps people get noticed in game. Otherwise you have people who go -1 it when you ask people to go look at it, which you're allowed to ask.

this xg-r- shiz-waz is fucking retarded nothign against serbian and mcneo but that tag makes xG look bad, copying hells gamers and shit makin us look bad

this xg-r- shiz-waz is fucking retarded nothign against serbian and mcneo but that tag makes xG look bad, copying hells gamers and shit makin us look bad

We're not copying HellsGamers, or any other clan... There's LOTS of clans that use this style of tag for similar reasons

If it aint broke dont fix it, this is stupid. Just get rid of the whole thing, nothing was wrong before. All these "improvements" arent improvements.

Alright, so an outcome to this whole thing will be figured out among the higher ups and will hopefully soon be presented to the community. In the mean time, don't stress about the tag too much guys, really.

Yeah, this whole xG-r- tag is pointless and really is not needed. If I like playing with someone enough and I come on to the forums and see that they put up a member submission, then I'll plus 1 them.

If the player is active enough on the server and would Seriously make a good addition to the community, then I'll be able to notice him without him having the tags on, because I'm seeing him as a person playing on the servers and having fun or being good player and not just some other guy applying to get into xG. If that makes sense.

if the community doesnt want it then why even waste time about it, the poll is pretty clear

This, basically.

This should've been discussed with the actual community instead of a couple admins. No disrespect though..