Sign in to follow this  
IAmLegend

How to fix parrabelum. (windows, sorry mac users)

1.Download the map (gkoo or one of the map makers can provide a link, I don't think it's advertising because it's an xG map but you never know)

2.Navigate to your maps folder (C:\program files\steam\steamapps\<username>\counter strike-source\cstrike\maps

3.Drop the parabellum map file into maps and enjoy.

I should be doing my homework but meh.

Sorry if i misspelled parabellum.

note* I think the fix may be the same for mac users.

parabellum*

also, idk why it doesn't work for you guys. i personally had an old version under the same name from the test server, all I did was delete my map and let server re-download it by re-joining. no issues. >.<

Alright so, this still doesn't work for me. Just to ensure i'm putting it in the right place, this is the directory:

C://Drive > Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > (steam name) > counter-strike source > cstrike > maps

This is the Same download provided by Gkoo. I have ensured that there is no other file of the sort in relation to this by searching my Entire Steam folder for "parabellum". I have also searched for the Old file name of it by searching "outside". The only results that it gave were "zm_lila_panic_woc_outside2" and "zm_lila_panic_woc_outside2.cache".

Alright so, this still doesn't work for me. Just to ensure i'm putting it in the right place, this is the directory:

C://Drive > Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > (steam name) > counter-strike source > cstrike > maps

This is the Same download provided by Gkoo. I have ensured that there is no other file of the sort in relation to this by searching my Entire Steam folder for "parabellum". I have also searched for the Old file name of it by searching "outside". The only results that it gave were "zm_lila_panic_woc_outside2" and "zm_lila_panic_woc_outside2.cache".

The best option I have for you at the moment is to uninstall and re-install source. As you have a bsp or vtf file similar to the most updated map. Doing this will insure you have no other "backup" files to interfere with the download.

Worth a shot. I'll get back to you when I have done this and share whether or not it worked.

WAIT!

go to C:\Program files\steam\steamapps\<steam name\ then rename the counterstrike folder "counter-strike source-save" and it will create a new counterstrike folder, this is much faster than reinstalling but does pretty much the same thing.

Forgot to mention, I found out what was wrong. It made me wtf. Apparently the directory is Somewhere else. In most cases it's

C:// > Program Files x86 > Steam

But now it's actually elsewhere

C:// > Program Files x86 > [Folder name]

In that directory, I found all of the parabellum maps as well as forest_rooftop maps. Deleted em all, and now it's running fine. Gg cause I didn't search outside of my Steam folder

Forgot to mention, I found out what was wrong. It made me wtf. Apparently the directory is Somewhere else. In most cases it's

C:// > Program Files x86 > Steam

But now it's actually elsewhere

C:// > Program Files x86 > [Folder name]

In that directory, I found all of the parabellum maps as well as forest_rooftop maps. Deleted em all, and now it's running fine. Gg cause I didn't search outside of my Steam folder

This man right here.

A true idiot.