John

A dumb rule.

So it has come to my attention that according to an admin that if we say out of cell rebel and a T is out of their cell we have to order them back. We can't kill them or it's a freekill. I have NEVER heard of this rule or seen it in the motd. I was slain for killing two t's going for the cell button as I said it. Apparently "people have been slain for it." Which I have NEVER seen people slain for this.

I was linked to the post about this new "rule" while making this thread post. So, we need a new MOTD so people can stay current on the rules. I'm tired of there being threads about these rules and no one is made aware of them.

@@DarkWolf6052 @@Forest @@Gkoo

If a T is out of there cell during the time you say "Out of Cell, Rebel".. Then does that not make anyone out of their cell, well, a Rebel?

Whoever said that is clearly in the wrong, as that's like saying any T in [insert area] is a Rebel, which is a perfectly valid order.

However; if the T manages to open the cells before you say "Out of Cell, Rebel" or any other order, then they are perfectly safe as it would now be a Freeday.

Well, I don't want Aaron punished or anything. He was going off of what he thought was right. I don't care that he slayed me. I just think we need a revised MOTD and that any "new rule" should be brought to everyone's attention. Also, it should be in the MOTD that if a rule isn't in the MOTD then it can't be slain for. Even if a co-leader or whoever declares it as a rule in a thread.

But would it really be fair to say someone is a rebel for doing something that wasn't rebelling when they did it?

Like doing something and then it becomes illegal to do, then you go to jail for doing it in the past.

Also, it should be in the MOTD that if a rule isn't in the MOTD then it can't be slain for. Even if a co-leader or whoever declares it as a rule in a thread.

Anyone who quotes something from the MotD Rules should be able to back-up whatever they say Before acting upon whatever it is they are doing/saying. Mod/Admin/Div Manager/Div, it doesn't matter, if you're going to quote something and say it's a rule, you better be 100% sure that it is a rule and be prepared to provide evidence. All in all, if you are unsure and you are having an argument in Admin Chat, bring it to a Div Manager or Div Leader, or better yet, co-operate on TeamSpeak and look at the MotD Rules. If it's not in there, you should come up with a solution that you both are happy with, not just one over the other.

Also, I'm mentioning Aaron so that he is aware that it was a valid and justified order. As Chrono said, it's probably unfair to the T outside of the cells, but it's either that or tell that One T to freeze (odds are that T will keep on goin' fer it, but you can atleast say you tried).

- Dat guy, Forest

You guys are taking every rule too complicated. It's jailbreak, stick to one thing, don't have 3 different versions of that rule. Honestly how it use to be, is totally different now. Jailbreak is so literal now that it's starting to become real life and not a game.

Ps: On most maps when a T comes out of their cell and sees no one else is out, he will go back in (unless he's too slow for a sniper)

I just think we need a revised MOTD and that any "new rule" should be brought to everyone's attention.

There is a new "rewritten" MotD out right now with a few new rules scattered here and there. I'm getting the impression that nobody documented these changes.

Anyone who quotes something from the MotD Rules should be able to back-up whatever they say Before acting upon whatever it is they are doing/saying. Mod/Admin/Div Manager/Div, it doesn't matter, if you're going to quote something and say it's a rule, you better be 100% sure that it is a rule and be prepared to provide evidence. All in all, if you are unsure and you are having an argument in Admin Chat, bring it to a Div Manager or Div Leader, or better yet, co-operate on TeamSpeak and look at the MotD Rules. If it's not in there, you should come up with a solution that you both are happy with, not just one over the other.

Also, I'm mentioning Aaron so that he is aware that it was a valid and justified order. As Chrono said, it's probably unfair to the T outside of the cells, but it's either that or tell that One T to freeze (odds are that T will keep on goin' fer it, but you can atleast say you tried).

- Dat guy, Forest

I still don't think it was a freeslay. As john posted, this has all been discussed before in Being out of cell... where it was concluded by Neo that the rule should be interpreted as "Alright, so if we don't make "out of cell rebel" implied, I just want to make sure this is what happens:

1) If a t escapes his cell before of out cell rebel is called, then that T should NOT be killed and allowed to freeze or return to their cell. If they are killed, then it is a freekill. (Assuming they left their cell without entering a vent, or doing anything else that would make them a rebel."

It's like sending all the T's into soccer and saying "Being in soccer is now rebellious" and killing them all. Or as a proper example, it's like "jumping is noiw restricted" and then being shot in midair when you were already jumping. The CT who kills that T would be slain for it. I'm not wrong on this @@Forest @@Gkoo @@DarkWolf6052 @@Bigga

If it's not in the Motd it should not be used. This rule could give the T's an even more advantage. For example they get out of their cell, use a tele, grab a gun and head back to main cell block when the "out of cell you're a rebel" order is given, use that as a shield and head back into a random cell with that gun. This rule just gives the T's more chance to rebel since Ct's already has trouble handling so much T's.

This is the first time I've heard anyone used this rule at all. I've been playing jb for awhile now and have never seen anyone take action on this, have you been implementing this rule of recent? this is the first complaint i've seen and the first i've heard of this rule, so it has to be recent if no-one else is following it but you, because if 1 follow it more will use it as a excuse to not get killed and yet i've seen no-one do such.

I've punished for this rule plenty because I was told we were right in the thread I posted.

There's no rule saying you can't kill someone jumping as it becomes restricted either, but that's because it's obvious, and people always get slain for it. It's the exact same thing.

So i'm presuming you're the only one who follow this rule? i haven't seen anyone else nor have I've seen you do it while i was on.