DarkWolf6052

Source Bans Admins

Okay so recently this was brought to my attention. One of our CS:S Moderators recently got promoted to GMOD Administrator, and ended up getting automatically set up to Administrator on CS:S as well.

Before I was told that if games are linked on Source Bans, and you're an admin on one game, if its linked to SB, you'll be an admin on the other servers. I know this isn't true, because recently, one of the CS:GO Division Managers came on CS:S and had no powers, but have powers on CS:GO.

So, can we please fix it to being able to have the correct ranks between these servers?

@autumn since you manage SB

@@serbiansnaga since you might know something about it

@@Duckii @Brian @@HighSociety Just because.

No this is true, Because you can give people "Server access" to whatever Division is has sourceban linked to, and there are only 6 admin groups.. Mod>Admin>DM>DL>CO>AT. So if they're admin on 1 server with access to another they will be admin within that server as well. For garry's i believe you can fix this by creating groups that are not affiliated with sourceban groups.

i believe you can fix this by creating groups that are not affiliated with sourceban groups.

No, sourcebans will overwrite these groups and even if you manage to prevent that, conflictions will occur. The first one loaded will be persistant. This is why I don't want people having powers on multiple divisions since sourcebans wasn't designed for that sorta control.

No, sourcebans will overwrite these groups and even if you manage to prevent that, conflictions will occur. The first one loaded will be persistant. This is why I don't want people having powers on multiple divisions since sourcebans wasn't designed for that sorta control.

No what i meant was on garry's mod sourceban doesn't overwrite new groups made manually from ulx, for example the donator group is still there and not located on sourcebans, this will fix the problem with Garry's mod and the other division power problem. or am i wrong?

No what i meant was on garry's mod sourceban doesn't overwrite new groups made manually from ulx, for example the donator group is still there and not located on sourcebans, this will fix the problem with Garry's mod and the other division power problem. or am i wrong?

Not sure :S

Hmmm, maybe test it later? because when you first linked sourceban and such it worked, i've seen duplicates of Moderator/Admin groups, so that's telling me that it did not overwrite all groups like it would for css or csgo.. So it will probably work, if @@Xemnas doesn't mind multiple groups he can do it or if he want's ill set it all up after i come home~ and fix the targeting system as well

no it is true darkwolf, this is how it is with csgo:

until recently (like 2 promos ago) ALL CSS STAFF were getting powers in csgo even though originally it was only supposed to be those with powers at the time of csgo being started. however that did not go both ways, csgo DID NOT receive css powers.

• Who Viewed the Topic

1 member has viewed this topic:
    Fink