TheKingBaby

Summerfags

Tired of freekillers and rulebreakers?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Tired of freekillers and rulebreakers?

• Yes
    • No

There really should be a test you have to take and pass before becoming a CT. Because I can't be the only person tired of little kids coming on and freekilling, not knowing the rules, and getting away with it because very rarely there might not be an admin on. Then there are people who plain don't know the rules, they don't try to freekill, but they do because they don't take 2 minutes to read the MOTD. Thoughts and comments on this?

Yes, We are all tired of rulebreakers, freekillers, etc.

Why not just... record a demo?

Because most don't come back, they don't care that they freekilled, they do it and move on to the next server. It's better to prevent it rather than end up having to ban them. It's like using a condom so you don't have to abort the child later. GG

Yes, We are all tired of rulebreakers, freekillers, etc.

Why not just... record a demo?

Because most don't come back, they don't care that they freekilled, they do it and move on to the next server. It's better to prevent it rather than end up having to ban them. It's like using a condom so you don't have to abort the child later. GG

If they join the server trying to break rules, and then just head to the next server to do the same thing, They deserve it.

If they can't read the SHORT motd given to them, To try and prevent rulebreakings, It's their fault.

Plus i doubt they'd get server banned. If no staff were online and he did something like MFK in a demo, I don't think leaving after that would be considered "Evading punishment" to deserve a server ban, Since no staff are online to see and judge it at the time.

1. The MoTD pops-up for the sole purpose that we are no longer liable if they get CT banned or even Server banned. They choose to close it without reading, their own fault. It clearly states "Basic MoTD Rules" upon opening.
  2. If it's becoming a repeating occurrence nearly every round, start a demo at the start of the round each time. You'll barely know you're running a demo, and it only takes 2 seconds to do (~ > record [name] > stop)
  3. Hop on TeamSpeak and alert one of the many Staff Members who are on, I'm sure someone will get on as soon as possible
  4. Contact our Staff via Shoutbox on Forums. Say "Freekillers on Jailbreak, no staff" and again, I'm sure one will get on as soon as possible
  5. Add a few Staff Members to your friends for even easier access. Drop them a quick message, and they'll [hopefully] stop whatever it is they're doing to hop on and enforce some rules.

- Dat guy, Forest

I 100% agree Chuck

To opposers of this idea- the problem with saying "just record a demo or get an admin online" is that the people who intentionally free kill don't give a damn about being banned. We need something to stop them before it happen.

Your idea could work OR we could have a system where you need at least 2-4 hours of playtime in the server to be able to go on CT

I 100% agree Chuck

To opposers of this idea- the problem with saying "just record a demo or get an admin online" is that the people who intentionally free kill don't give a damn about being banned. We need something to stop them before it happen.

Your idea could work OR we could have a system where you need at least 2-4 hours of playtime in the server to be able to go on CT

I love that idea, and I love how you understand me. No one else seems to understand what I'm trying to say.

I 100% agree Chuck

I love that idea, and I love how you understand me. No one else seems to understand what I'm trying to say.

yeah man. You are cool. Idk why we started fighting in the first place

But the only thing I see wrong with limiting the guard team is that we always maintain a 2:1 ratio of prisoners to guards. What happens if there aren't enough people that have qualified by passing the test. That's why I think my idea would work better

If they freekill intentionally (Which will likely lead to a mass) Then we can perm them for good, Giving us one less problem on the server. That is, if you record them/proof is given.

Of course, putting something to have 2-4 hours (Or more) in-game time (I'd say around 10) total to join CT could help.

I understand that you guys are thinking ahead by keeping bans to a minimum, but what you're asking for only requires further work pressured onto Silence when he is already working on hub which is top priority. The situations you're describing are easily remedied by just simply team banning the offending player, instead of going through all the trouble of making a new plugin.

Instead of that, mentioned earlier today (by Matsi) is the possibility of having our MoTD stay up for 30 seconds as it used to when we had advertisements running. @@Rhododendron if this is at all possible without adding any un-needed funds or un-needed extra work.