Muzzle

Gba Smb3 Corrupted Save Halp Pls;~;

I found this super Mario bros 3 in my sisters room. I was like holy shit I got my gameboy and popped that mother in. It loaded and gave me an unpleasant screen "you saved data is corrupted". So I was like okay no problem new game. But the problem is you can never leave that screen. It's a nightmare in a oldschool handheld device. I tried looking on Google but everyone had roms and no actual gba. I can't use my computer I have the game I want to play halp pls ;~;

image.thumb.jpg.9316df90a01bebcbd205977022671934.jpg

I did a bit of research and found that the Internal Battery may be the cause of your problem, it acts like a hard drive. (Wont load your pc without it)

EDIT: Internal Batteries are soldered onto the gameboy so they cannot be replaced, you may need to buy a new GBA.

Two things that could help you.

-Blow into the cartridge incase of dust

-Reset GBA and try again

Get a new gameboy/game cartridge

Thats really one of the few solutions with ole gameboy poop

The freaking cartidges are like 200 Hundred dolla. I mean if I had that kid of money I would be constantly playing my n64. Why do old things have to be so damn expensive

The freaking cartidges are like 200 Hundred dolla. I mean if I had that kid of money I would be constantly playing my n64. Why do old things have to be so damn expensive

Then the way I see it, you have a few options:

1. Get an emulator on your PC. Emulator is free, ROMs are free.

2. If you don't already own one, get a smartphone. Most of the phones out right now can run a GBA emulator (I've even seen N64, NES, SNES, etc). Again, Emulator is free (typically) ROMs are free.

3. Whore yourself out to acquire the money needed and go check out your local flea market. With today's technologically savvy people, you'd be surprised at the amount of gaming gear you can find for cheap prices. You could probably find a GBA for 20$ and the game for 10$.

Chances are that game you have is fucked in some kind of way, so there's no use in trying to get it to work. Plethora of ways it could have gotten out of whack (going in the washer/dryer for instance)

2. If you don't already own one, get a smartphone. Most of the phones out right now can run a GBA emulator (I've even seen N64, NES, SNES, etc). Again, Emulator is free (typically) ROMs are free.

3. Whore yourself out to acquire the money needed and go check out your local flea market. With today's technologically savvy people, you'd be surprised at the amount of gaming gear you can find for cheap prices. You could probably find a GBA for 20$ and the game for 10$.

Chances are that game you have is fudgeed in some kind of way, so there's no use in trying to get it to work. Plethora of ways it could have gotten out of whack (going in the washer/dryer for instance)

I got the emulator it's just I don't really enjoy it as much as a game boy but of fucking well

I did a bit of research and found that the Internal Battery may be the cause of your problem, it acts like a hard drive. (Wont load your pc without it)

EDIT: Internal Batteries are soldered onto the gameboy so they cannot be replaced, you may need to buy a new GBA.

Two things that could help you.

-Blow into the cartridge incase of dust

-Reset GBA and try again

What you're talking about is actually the internal save battery, and it's in the game cartridge, not the GBA itself. Yes, its soldered in but it CAN be replaced and it isn't that hard, you just have to learn a little soldering. However, not all GBA games have a battery. Some use flash memory for saving games and these are very difficult to replace, almost impossible by practical means and inexperienced people. @Meezel , I would try to open up your GBA cartridge to see what kind of save hardware it has. If it uses a battery, you might be able to save it. Otherwise, you'll probably need to end up getting a different copy of the game.

I've read enough creepy pasta's to know where this is going.

Has Mario got red eyes yet?

Btw I know how it is with old stuff being expensive I got an N64 for $50 but I can't find Majora's mask for less than $100 on Ebay its terrible!

Chances are that game you have is fudgeed in some kind of way, so there's no use in trying to get it to work. Plethora of ways it could have gotten out of whack (going in the washer/dryer for instance)

and by smart phone he means an Android. Android has a real hard on for developmental people as the code is much simpiler and more open to the public then that of IOS. You can even download emulators from the store and most are free. so you don't need to go and Jailbreak an ipod or something.