Forest

Wardening 101

"Pass Warden already"

"This round is boring as FUCK"

"Seriously? FR/LR again?"

Do these phrases sound familiar? Have you had your share of whining and complaining? Are you labelled a 'bad Warden'? And most importantly, are you torturing those Ts with FR/LR every other round?

If your answer was "Yes" to any of the above questions, then you're in the right place. There is no need to feel inadequate, there are many who are exactly like you in the world of Jailbreak. Fortunately for you it is not too late to make a change! Do you aspire to become someone who keeps things 'fresh' on Jailbreak? WELL? DO YOU? Well friend, keep on reading and you'll learn all the ins and outs of Wardening as well as how you can become the Warden that all Ts want.

First we'll start off with ...

Opening Orders

Alright, so lets just assume you were the first person to call Warden (or at least the first person to use their mic). Congratulations, you now have the power. The question is, do you know what to do with said power? We'll see.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. The first and most important order you should give as Warden is the following: "Out of Cells, Rebel"

But Forest, why should that be the first order? Well, there are a couple reasons for this. The first reason is to ensure that any T who has the balls to leave their cell will be labelled a Rebel immediately. Why does that matter? Simply because if those Terrorists have any brains at all they will attempt to open the cells of their friends to unleash a painful torrent of bunny hopping perps with shanks. This is bad for CTs. This sort of thing happens quite often on maps such as electric_razor_v6 or jb_carceris, so be aware. On top of this being the first order, you'll also want to say it as soon as possible. Don't wait to pick a gun first, don't wait till you're out of Armory, say it the moment you get Warden. This is to ensure that those mischievous Terrorists don't open cells before orders are given, thus giving them an Invalid Freeday, otherwise known as "CT Genocide Day". Not really called that, but it might as well be.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2. Lets assume that everything goes good. No Ts have decided to Rebel, or some have and they were shot dead. Everyone is where they should be. What now? The next step in Wardening is to get all of those blood-thirsty Terrorists out of their cells. Niggas need exercise, n'ah mean? At this point, it is personal preference as to how the Warden will want things to play out. There are a few ways in which this can happen:

a. You can choose to be the Nazi Warden by giving a complicated order to slim down the numbers.

b. You can give lenient orders to preserve their numbers for a game you have in mind later on in the round.

c. You can give firm orders to both preserve their numbers as well as slim down the.. 'Slow' ones.

Keep in mind that these are just a few options that most Wardens will do. Following are examples of each type:

Example A. "When cell doors open and I say 'Go', all Ts take a step out of your cell, face your cell, do a 180 degree turn, and 'AFK' freeze."

Example B. "When cell doors open, take a step out and 'WASD' freeze."

Example C. "When cell doors open, take a step out and 'AFK' freeze."

Now, if all goes well, all the Terrorists will be following your orders and will be out of their cells and ready to go. Next step? Disarming them of any harmful materials; namely guns.

3. With most maps on Jailbreak, there will most likely be what others would like to call the "Gun Cell". This particular cell can completely ruin your day, and can also quickly diminish the amount of prison guards at your disposal. That is a big no-no, we like our 'bodyguards'. Your next course of action will be to safely guncheck the Terrorists. This is where most bad Wardens slip up. What you'll want to do is to have them in a position that allows for easy and safe gun checking. The best way to do this is to order the Terrorists to a location that is far from any vent cells or teleports. Now, any idiot Warden can tell the Terrorists to go to that location, but you're going to be doing it the smart and safe way. I'll give an example order, and then explain the reasoning behind it:

Example Order. "All Terrorists, while facing cells at all times, shift walk to the bottom of cell stairs and unstack shoulder to shoulder."

Simple right? You'll want the Terrorists to face a particular direction, preferably a direction that has no hazardous things that a Terrorist will want to go to (IE. A vending machine that happens to teleport). Sometimes this is unavoidable, such as in a map like electric_razor_v6 where one of the cells is a teleport cell. You'll want to keep an eye on that particular cell if this is the case. Having the Terrorists shift walk (or even crouch) also deters them from rebelling as they will lack speed (WARNING: Some Terrorists excel at bhopping and may be able to gain speed immediately). Finally, you'll want to keep them unstacked shoulder to shoulder. This is how you will be able to determine if any of the Terrorists has a gun holstered at their side. The worst possible thing you could do as Warden is to order them to stack up without doing a proper guncheck, as this will most likely lead to certain death for both you and your CTs.

Lets assume that one of those Ts is pocketing a sidearm, how shall we get rid of it? A good Warden will instruct the T to drop it in a location that will not give the other Ts easy access to it. An example of such would be ordering the T with the weapon to drop it in the cell furthest from the other Ts (as well as from any vent/teleport cells). Do not simply order the T to drop the weapon. This will almost always result in confusion where the T will either drop it onto another T, or will run away making up some excuse that they're going to drop it in a safe location. Remember, detailed orders are your friends. Detailed orders stomp smart-ass Ts into the ground.

Congratulations, you have gotten past the first part of Wardening, hopefully with minimal CT casualties and a nice pile of rebel T bodies in the corner. This next part of Wardening is where things will start to get difficult, and will also determine what kind of Warden you are.

Without further ado, we shall now go onto the next part of Wardening ...

Slimming Down the Numbers

Coming Soon

Thread will be finished at a later date. Expect additions and reworks at a future time that has yet to be decided on, most likely within the week.

Insert my long post here. (Will edit when I get home. Basically gonna be adding my perspective as one of the hardest wardens to rebel against as well as a pretty damn good rebel. So I'll be giving tips on how to avoid it and also how to control the ts as a nazi easily but still letting some fun in.)

Edit: Due to the influx of hours at work (summer, and grad nites starting, and me working them. so i have a fucked up schedule of life now.) this post edit of the real value has been delayed, my minimal free time is already set for a few games of ranked and maybe a competitive a day. other than that, time is a rare commodity. so if I am to give a tip right now, while it isn't for wardening, it's for you kids out here. Since most of you are kids, still in maybe even elementary school, but typically jr high or early high school, don't waste your time. enjoy the time you get to hang out with friends, and make what you can of life right now, live the "yolo" or "rolo" life and experience different things (try talking to a real human girl IRL) and make sure you have fun, because even though I am young (only 20) with work and school going right now, I have spent a total of 2 hours with my girlfriend the last month, and that was the 2 hours before my grad nite shift last night. prior to that, we were basically in-separable. When the time comes that you are working and other priorities take over, you are going to wish you lived your life a little more. another example of such, I wish I had tried in high school so that I would not have been "grounded" all the time, and been able to hang out with friends, also so I could have gone to a real school instead of Community College, I basically trapped myself for a few years trying to get classes and balance life at the same time.