Charing

Jailbreak Pokemon Rules.

Hello all!

On JB 1, we have been playing a lot of Pokemon (as usual), but there are a couple of inconsistencies I have noticed with the rules. The major thing I would like to bring up is this: Blus lethal taunting (ie Holiday Punch) at reds to win the round.

While there is nothing inherently wrong with this situation, when you zoom out a little, the problem, in my opinion, becomes very clear. If a Red were to do the same thing, he would be killed. I ask you how is it fair that in an 1v1 supposedly "fair" match, that one player be allowed to do something that the other is not.

What if I extend that same principle. Could Blu Scout not use his Sandman ball? Or Wrap Assassin? What if we take it even further, couldn't I just pull out my gun and start shooting. I think we can all see the problems with having that be allowed, but why can't we just finish the job and equalize Red and Blu for Pokemon?

I know what some of you will say, "those are ranged attacks, and all ranged attacks are banned" and my counter to that ill-thought out argument is as follows. Do you have to be in melee range for a Holiday Punch taunt kill? (psst, the answer is no) I agree, that if a blu successfully tickles a red, the he will probably win, but what IF he were to fuck up, the red could still be in the fight, but we won't know because blus have an unfair advantage.

alright, although I'm not 100% sure on this, and may need kbraszzles' approval, I believe that using lethal taunting during pokemon as a red is fine.

think of it like this, during pokemon - the aim is to kill the blue.

to kill the blue, you'll have to hit him with melee which would be considered rebelling anyway but is pardoned during pokemon

the same concept would apply to lethal taunting, when using the lethal taunt you are rebelling, which is the same as hitting a blue - but you're still pardoned during pokemon

unless of course you manage to lethal taunt another blue which you're not suppose to be fighting, which would be rebelling and can be killed for it.

would be the same as hitting the blue master when you're suppose to fight someone else

the warden may restricting taunting during pokemon fights, but it would include the blues not being able to taunt either

its the same as weapons - the warden must restrict the blues from using their guns to make things fair, so if blues are able to taunt during pokemon - so are the reds

the warden needs to clarify beforehand

Pokemon/Knife Pit – The warden asks a trivia question. The red that answers it first becomes the "Pokemon Master" or “Team Master”. Master must pick a red and the warden will pick a blue then the said red and blue will try to kill each other using melee weapons only.Pokemon/Knife Pit cannot be played with 7 or more reds. If playing for LR the Master must fight at least once.

Using melee weapons only.

Again, as @kbraszzz stated:

Pokemon/Knife Pit – The warden asks a trivia question. The red that answers it first becomes the "Pokemon Master" or “Team Master”. Master must pick a red and the warden will pick a blue then the said red and blue will try to kill each other using melee weapons only.Pokemon/Knife Pit cannot be played with 7 or more reds. If playing for LR the Master must fight at least once.

READ!!! That applies to both!

READ!!! That applies to both!

this was not suppose to be funny. you guys need to read this, it states melee weapons only so waht ever applies to reds applies to blues!

again, charing is trying to suggest the fairness not only in using melee, but taunting and using sandman which are restricted from reds due to certain rules

Alright. I believe I am understanding the consensus at this point. If a blue were to sandman, or showdown a red during Pokemon, what actions should be taken?