Gugomo

Capping The Point

Recently, I've noticed that players are capping the point, either intentionally or unintentionally. I want to see if there are any solutions to this.

I have 2 ideas:

1. Prevent the capping effect by blocking it completely.

2. Put a message to remind the players or new players of the rule.

3. Allow players to vote about whether a cap is valid or not, and apply the consequences that go with an invalid cap.

#1 may not work, since there are flyros, 520's, and hyper hoovys.

Recently, I've noticed that players are capping the point, either intentionally or unintentionally. I want to see if there are any solutions to this.

I have 2 ideas:

1. Prevent the capping effect by blocking it completely.

2. Put a message to remind the players or new players of the rule.

3. Allow players to vote about whether a cap is valid or not, and apply the consequences that go with an invalid cap.

#1 may not work, since there are flyros, 520's, and hyper hoovys.

1. No, because there are plenty of legit reasons to cap like you mention

2. you mean like an !motd?

3. You could also votekick/ban someone for capping.... same effect

Very good points. I like the !motd idea, but I think it should be something like a pop-up that reminds the player from time to time.

Also, I don't think the VSH servers have votekick/banning.

@Matsi

1. There are only a few reasons why players may cap.

2. many don't read the MOTD Unless I enfore it.

3. There's no vote system on hale.

I +1 this. Not a lot of people know when they can't/actually can cap the point, and having a little blurb saying when the can would be nice. Like, maye an msay that says "you can cap when and only when..."

@TheTheRejects

And anyway, the MOTD does not state the special reasons for when you can cap other then when hale/players are camping or round is being really delayed.

If people keep capping and only stop when a moderator or admin enforces it, there's a problem. The problem could be either that the rules aren't clarified enough or there isn't anything to prevent it besides admins, so it's abused. There should be a 24/7 system.

why is there even points to cap on trade gaming? nobody has to go play gaming rotation now we can just play koth on trade gaming.

We're talking about hale .-.

I know I'm just curious why we have points on trading server too

Makes the map have an objective. We were having hella fun on golden eye but you still complain? Damn, nothing makes you happy.

Here's an idea:

What if we give Hale a single-person capture rate at 5 people and at 3, it turns to 2 people-rate, and finally 3 at the final person?