Tekk

What to do about trade gaming history

What should happen?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What should happen?

• Kbraszzle should fix the new Trade Gaming History and we can try and populate it.
    • We should add a map rotation to 24/7 Clocktown and change the name back.

KB said it'd be a bad idea to post a vote because it will give me a lot of hate from everyone. And I'm fairly sure he'll hate me for doing this and pestering on at him about Trade Gaming because in all honesty, I just want things back the way they used to be...

Yesterday, me and @Moosty came up with an idea that we could make it not 24/7 Clocktown anymore, and try adding 5 of the most popular maps from Trade Gaming History's past.

These are:

- Clocktown

- Nimbusland

- Minecraft Realms

- Jolly Roger Bay

- Saturn Valley (Or possibly Click Clock Woods due to Saturn Valley being removed from GameBanana)

Here is a screenshot of a vote on 24/7 Clocktown asking about More maps/TGH back: imgur: the simple image sharer

This may be all well and dandy, but there's a problem. We've already got a "Trade Gaming History". However, this is completely bugged out with problems such as:

- Not able to choose class (Now fixed)

- Extremely high ping for no reason and for everyone

- No item server

- Crashing on map change (So far only with Realms)

- No music playing

KB said that he can fix all of this, but I feel as if it's far too much work when there's a much simpler solution (Being that we add a map rotation to Clocktown). Another problem is that not many people know that "Trade Gaming History" is here. I'm fairly sure you favourite a server if you really like it, that's why Clocktown is getting population as it used to be Trade Gaming History. However, nobody will have "Trade Gaming History" in their favourites list so they won't know it exists. Even after advertising yesterday that it's back, nobody on Pokemon Trade bothered and until @SupremeWolf @GentleShark and a few others from Clocktown decided to join there because it was fixed. However, upon switching maps, the whole server went offline.

"So, yeah. 'Trade Gaming History' isn't working so let's just add a map rotation to 24/7 Clocktown." The big problem with that is that @kbraszzz is worried about Clocktown losing population due to it. For example: Yesterday when I was on Clocktown and I did a public vote, a randomer said "I joined this server because it WAS Clocktown."

This vote probably won't do anything, but I'd like to know what everyone here thinks about the current situation. I've tried to make this as non-biased as possible.

What do you think should happen?

Firstly, imgur: the simple image sharer only had 13 people altogether. You need to try it with a full server with new people and regulars. Secondly, as much as I like the idea, people join the server because it's called "24/7 Clocktown", not for other maps. If it suddenly gets changed, people would think "It's not 24/7, so I'm not joining".

I personally would say ultimately, it's up to Kb and the server. If the server wants it, give it to them. If they love it, the population will most likely rise. This is definitely a thing to be considered. However, I think we shouldn't replace clocktown. We need to replace a server NOBODY goes on, therefore that's 2 servers getting populated. If clocktown dies, then we can replace that with something else. Turning a dead server into TGH is a great idea, but honestly, replacing clocktown is kind of a blank idea. In the end, it's all about population.

I personally would say ultimately, it's up to Kb and the server. If the server wants it, give it to them. If they love it, the population will most likely rise. This is definitely a thing to be considered. However, I think we shouldn't replace clocktown. We need to replace a server NOBODY goes on, therefore that's 2 servers getting populated. If clocktown dies, then we can replace that with something else. Turning a dead server into TGH is a great idea, but honestly, replacing clocktown is kind of a blank idea. In the end, it's all about population.

I do agree with this. However, the problem with this is that nobody will go onto them because we have tried populating other servers (Including TGH) and nobody joins it. I think that the problem is that not many people know about it and can really be bothered to switch.

I do agree with this. However, the problem with this is that nobody will go onto them because we have tried populating other servers (Including TGH) and nobody joins it. I think that the problem is that not many people know about it and can really be bothered to switch.

We have to make more of an effort out of it. Advertise the /servers command and what not. We obviously cannot expect them to know on the spot. Just advertise the server in Clocktown, and make it sound badass, and we should be good to go.

We have to make more of an effort out of it. Advertise the /servers command and what not. We obviously cannot expect them to know on the spot. Just advertise the server in Clocktown, and make it sound badass, and we should be good to go.

When Rotation came out, me, @BonfireCentipede , @Kittylicious (Why am I tagging her?) and @Umbreon would always say before going on it "Type !servers and join rotation with us!" and nobody ever joined. I did the same yesterday for TGH and nobody wanted to join :c

I say bring back the old map rotations for Gaming History. I have no idea why it became 24/7 clocktown in the first place. Any who, I think a lot more people would come back to the history server if we switched it back to what it was. Just my input.

I'm a regular on 24/7 Clocktown. And I think I speak for all of the regulars who go on there when I say: We want more maps, please.

And Tekage plizz noh not nimbus land i hate the spawn camp on that map

Kb has stated that he will delete the trade gaming history files and put the clocktown ones to fix it, then add a map rotation to the improved version of TGH. Clocktown has been successful on its own. If you want to delete the trade gaming history server and put it on randomizer or something then there would not be a problem. If we do that, i have no problem trying to do a populate TGH. but getting rid of clocktown itself is a bad idea

Clocktown would still be a map there, you know :/

i know, but lets just keep 24/7 clocktown and replace a dead server with TGH like tf2kart or randomizer

i know, but lets just keep 24/7 clocktown and replace a dead server with TGH like tf2kart or randomizer

This is the big problem: Population of "Trade Gaming History". Like all of the other servers, "Trade Gaming History" will be a server that nobody really knows about and after a fiasco that occurred twice on there, I doubt any regulars will go back to that server slot .-.

Made an announcement for a Populate TGH hour

4 people join

End

That's what I mean by

I doubt any regulars will go back to that server slot