PatientZero

Get_bliz - Team Fortress 2

Just gonna put this out there: SteamRep doesn't frick around. If they even get a whiff of a server allowing known high-level scammers float about in their servers, they can and will mark said server.

I'm pretty sure we DON'T want that, as it'd be counter-productive to what we are trying to do, regardless if people actually trade on our servers or not. =/

Not to mention, if we don't do something about this, we are supporting criminal activity.

That's like letting a known art thief into the most expensive art gallery in the world. You're shooting yourself in the foot.

It's stupid that it's illegal? I trade on xG servers, and I'd rather not have people like that running around and attempting to scam the younger kids we have on the servers. I've already been called on multiple times by people who were scammed! The people had to file SteamRep reports. Not to mention, it's not like we don't have randoms that come on and actually trade. Just because you don't do something, doesn't mean other people don't do it.

Also, donation powers are a side thing that we allow on the server. Lets not forget what the server was created for in the first place, so the rules should pertain to that. :|

It's still going to dramatically decrease the population. People are often wrongly accused of being scammers and get tagged because of it (E.G/ d0).

It's still going to dramatically decrease the population. People are often wrongly accused of being scammers and get tagged because of it (E.G/ d0).

I really don't think it will. In all of my time running servers, and I have used this plugin in the past, it has only marked people that actually deserved it as scammers.

Also, it's not like half of our server is scammers. Getting tagged as one will be a rarity? If they are, I'm scared.

Also, if what you are saying is true (no one trades), then it won't even matter. Why are you contradicting yourself?

I really don't think it will. In all of my time running servers, and I have used this plugin in the past, it has only marked people that actually deserved it as scammers.

Also, it's not like half of our server is scammers. Getting tagged as one will be a rarity? If they are, I'm scared.

Also, if what you are saying is true (no one trades), then it won't even matter. Why are you contradicting yourself?

I'm confuzzled. Are you saying that people who are tagged as scammers get perm'd or what?

All I'm saying is that if it were my servers, known scammers wouldn't be allowed in. Period.

Sorry @Kart, nothing personal. You're a great guy, but even though some get marked for a small mistake, many get marked for large ones. I'd rather be safe than sorry. =(

OFC, that's an extreme measure to take, and it'd be foolish to do it when our servers are used to us never having such restrictions.

I DO however like the idea of having a tag for scammers.

However, if I may suggest, if they have committed a major offense that is verified by staff, they can be permanently banned. We can decide what the major offenses are (i.e. Unusual Scamming, PayPal scamming, etc.)

However, if I may suggest, if they have committed a major offense that is verified by staff, they can be permanently banned. We can decide what the major offenses are (i.e. Unusual Scamming, PayPal scamming, etc.)

So basically you're saying @Nomulous should get banned?

Maybe not unusual scamming, but paypal I'm fine with.

That's so stupid, no offence. Barely anyone even trades on xG servers. This will also make it so the servers are less population just because we can't have a scammer on a server that is more of a clubbing server.

You can't be serious? I see at least a quarter of the poketrade server actively adverting for trades 24/7

I see people trading in FF2 and JB quite often too, I often have to remind them not to do it on mic....

Also, you sort of contradict yourself... how could this cause the population to drop if "Noone trades"??? If noone is trading then a tag that labels them a scammer isn't going to hurt their not trading-ness....

You can't be serious? I see at least a quarter of the poketrade server actively adverting for trades 24/7

I see people trading in FF2 and JB quite often too, I often have to remind them not to do it on mic....

Also, you sort of contradict yourself... how could this cause the population to drop if "Noone trades"??? If noone is trading then a tag that labels them a scammer isn't going to hurt their not trading-ness....

Looks like someone didn't read the thread.

All I'm saying is that if it were my servers, known scammers wouldn't be allowed in. Period.

Sorry @Kart, nothing personal. You're a great guy, but even though some get marked for a small mistake, many get marked for large ones. I'd rather be safe than sorry. =(

OFC, that's an extreme measure to take, and it'd be foolish to do it when our servers are used to us never having such restrictions.

I DO however like the idea of having a tag for scammers.

I think we should do this, as well as ban verified scammers above a certain level.... similar to how in the real world fraud above a certain value becomes a felony(I think around $1000) I think any verified fraud/scam, even those that didn't happen on the xG servers, above a value of say.... $250, should warrent a perm ban.