SloppierKitty7

Anyone Use Linux

if you do use linux what distro and what desktop environments and what do you use it for. i like arch / debian with the gnome / openbox desktop i use debian for servers and for testing. I use arch for my desktop i dont have it installed right now as need to use windows for my job and i need a new HHD to install arch on

I use Ubuntu for my personal network server/firewall :)

It's named Serverus the Gatekeeper

and has this for it's wallpaper/login screen:

5aa4c2a794407_serverusthegatekeeper.jpg.2c7f1ac10edb0aca09ed3c1e15ccc119.jpg

I use Ubuntu for my personal network server/firewall :)

It's named Serverus the Gatekeeper

and has this for it's wallpaper/login screen:

[ATTACH]22351[/ATTACH]

I did use Ubuntu for a server but I found debian had newer packages and it just a bit faster but it takes longer to setup I still use Ubuntu for testing but that's about it

And I sed good going as I know gentoo is very customable and hard to set up much like arch

Meh it's a rumor it takes like 30 minutes to setup. It's great since I hate using control panels but it offers that level of flexibility plus more.

gentoo

Meh it's a rumor it takes like 30 minutes to setup. It's great since I hate using control panels but it offers that level of flexibility plus more.

I may give it a go but I love the aur (arch user repository) is there something like that in gentoo

gentoo

I may give it a go but I love the aur (arch user repository) is there something like that in gentoo

I'm not familiar with the arch repo but the gentoo repo is pretty big, and its easy to add new repos or even make your own via Layman. Only really requires a little coding knowledge and you can turn anything into a package.

I'm not familiar with the arch repo but the gentoo repo is pretty big, and its easy to add new repos or even make your own via Layman. Only really requires a little coding knowledge and you can turn anything into a package.

On arch we have a package named debtap it let's you run .deb on arch instead of writing a build script is Layman the same thing