SolomonDa1st

Bring Back Darkrp

DarkRP  

13 members have voted

1. 1. DarkRP

I completely agree with the revival of a server but if you were to revise or start running running a new Gmod server, TTT has the advantage with an endless amount of replay value

What I do not like about DARK Rp Is after some time people start to not care and people tend to not follow rules. Sometimes this even happens with mods. So if I join and I see everything under control, Handled RDMs, Propkills, ETC Then I am fine with DarkRP. But if Admins arent going to be active then no. I played enough DarkRP servers, And most of them are just little kids running high playerbased servers who dont even follow there own rules. But since this is Xg and I trust them.. Maybe you can pull it off if its readded.
DarkRP is a game built on the trolls and children that play it, while both TTT and DarkRP both have huge playerbases, DarkRP would be way harder to moderate because of the way the gamemode is designed. You would need Mods and Admins on constantly and it would be good to invest in some logs for the server. But on the other hand with TTT if you implement a self running ANTI-RDM system there will be less of a need for moderation.

DarkRP would require a commitment from more than just me and Stickz to keep populated and moderated. DarkRP requires at least 1 staff member on when the server is populated as it is the #1 game mode for trolling, and dealing with rule breaking can sometimes be time consuming. Staff would also need to learn all of the rules of the game mode, and there are quite a few. I know that Stickz and myself are not fans of the game mode, so if a DarkRP server were to ever come about, it would be up to those who actually want the server to help populate and moderate. If the clan wants a TTT server then we need staff and members willing to play on it.

if you implement a self running ANTI-RDM system there will be less of a need for moderation.
This would be a good idea if we can't get committed staff for TTT like last time. Edited by DoctorGringo (see edit history)

But on the other hand with TTT if you implement a self running ANTI-RDM system there will be less of a need for moderation.

This would be a good idea if we can't get committed staff for TTT like last time.

Easier said than done. In a world where time is never an issue and features never have any bugs when first created, that would be a pretty realistic feature. But it in-reality, there would always be a false ban (more until polished) no matter how rare; and, it would take a lot of time to make that feature. This has been considered; but, if implemented, it certainly won't happen in the near future.

A moderator will always be required to handle the small stuff regardless of what has been coded. Automatic voice recognition to see if players are getting harassed for instance certainly isn't a realistic 21st century feature. But it would be nice to mitigate damage caused by mass RDMers.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Easier said than done. In a world where time is never an issue and features never have any bugs when first created, that would be a pretty realistic feature. But it in-reality, there would always be a false ban (more until polished) no matter how rare; and, it would take a lot of time to make that feature. This has been considered; but, if implemented, it certainly won't happen in the near future.
By the "Anti-RDM System" I spoke of I meant something like we have on the JB CS:GO server with the "record freekiller" feature. You could setup a system where a forum bot uploads these videos recorded to a special thread or forum to be reviewed by mods and admins for RDM and Hacking