SolomonDa1st

Bring Back Darkrp

DarkRP  

13 members have voted

1. 1. DarkRP

I would agree, but the problems are way too big. the fact that the people who try to bring it up always take their time usually going as far as to wait an entire week for the "grand opening."

and then there's the small group of people who are on almost 24/7 getting tons of shit always raiding the other players. It just stopped being fun after like 3 days despite being on for usually 12 hours at a time during that time.

If anything gets brought back next it will be TTT. It's sitting ready with only a couple tweaks required. But two things need to happen for TTT to be launched.

1. Moderation and Population: It needs people to populate and moderate it. Current gmod staff is busy with Morbus. (about to shoot an 85th percentile)
  2. New Hosting: The load on the main hosting is too high. A separate VDS needs activated.

Edited by Vertex (see edit history)

If anything gets brought back next it will be TTT. It's sitting ready with only a couple tweaks required. But two things need to happen for TTT to be launched.

1. Moderation and Population: It needs people to populate and moderate it. Current gmod staff is busy with Morbus. (about to shoot an 85th percentile)
  2. New Hosting: The load on the main hosting is too high. A separate VDS needs activated.

Agreed, it just seems like TTT is more.. User friendly, for a lack of better words. And if it's currently in production already, then all the better (excluding the couple of tweaks mentioned by Stickz, to which I say bravo for working on the Gmod Servers).

Like Mega said, it [Dark RP] isn't all that community friendly if players are able to just play during odd hours and end up amassing a group of other players who literally have all of the power/status. At the same time though, I know a lot of players are looking for this sort of thing (more activity = more rewards which in turn leads to a higher satisfaction level which leads back to activity) so in the end it really depends on what demographic is being targeted.

Dark RP is great in its own right, but I'm not sure we have a base of players who are looking for that sort of experience. It's safer to roll with a general TTT Server that is balanced than it is risking the resurrection of Dark RP, a game-type that can be incredibly unbalanced. Who knows, maybe down the road it'll be more appealing.

TTT is much more popular than DarkRP, so it's only natural that TTT would have a higher population than DarkRP. I agree that TTT should be brought back.

TTT is much more popular than DarkRP, so it's only natural that TTT would have a higher population than DarkRP. I agree that TTT should be brought back.

I don't know about you guys but I would definitely like to see something like minigames, because having a TTT server would mean having a large amount of competent staff to deal with those sneaky rulebreakers while minigames is just casual fun.

Any kind of GMOD Servers would be great! Prop Hunt, TTT, Etc.

There's Morbus on GMOD, which is getting loads of nightly population. Just because it's not triple A-A-A like TTT, Darkrp, Prop Hunt etc. doesn't mean it's not a good gamemode.

having a TTT server would mean having a large amount of competent staff to deal with those sneaky rulebreakers

Pretty much every GMOD server requires constant staff to deal with various things. The massive amount of servers means endless jumping for trolls. (which by definition is someone who's goal is achieve a negative reaction, in-order to feed personal enjoyment) Moderation in particular is a pretty complicated concept; especially, if you're using pro-resolution strategies instead of just banning and slaying everyone. In my opinion, very few people are good Moderators to start with.

Edited by Vertex (see edit history)

There's Morbus on GMOD, which is getting loads of nightly population. Just because it's not triple A-A-A like TTT, Darkrp, Prop Hunt etc. doesn't mean it's not a good gamemode.

Pretty much every GMOD server requires constant staff to deal with various things. The massive amount of servers means endless jumping for trolls. (which by definition is someone who's goal is achieve a negative reaction, in-order to feed personal enjoyment) Moderation in particular is a pretty complicated concept; especially, if you're using pro-resolution strategies instead of just banning and slaying everyone. In my opinion, very few people are good Moderators to start with.

Which is why i suggested some kind of minigames server simply because it's casual fun and not "this guy RDM'd me" and the staff having to do some detective work to decide whether they deserve an x-round slay, kick, ban, etc. I also just enjoy it more.

What I do not like about DARK Rp Is after some time people start to not care and people tend to not follow rules. Sometimes this even happens with mods. So if I join and I see everything under control, Handled RDMs, Propkills, ETC Then I am fine with DarkRP. But if Admins arent going to be active then no. I played enough DarkRP servers, And most of them are just little kids running high playerbased servers who dont even follow there own rules. But since this is Xg and I trust them.. Maybe you can pull it off if its readded.

Something is better than nothing. I'm too busy to implement anything other than TTT. All I can do is launch and maintain the server plus forum stuff. Constant moderation and population is too time consuming.

If people want it, it might be possible to launch in February. (if there's a four core managed linux vds in Chicago on a e5-2697v3 and moderators waiting)

Edited by Guest (see edit history)