Moosty

Possible Change To Spawncamping Rule?

do this?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. do this?

• yes
    • no

Well I can confirm we aren't punishing them. Whether thats not enough staff on the trade servers, or the staff on not knowing the nuances of the rules, im not sure. But either way they haven't been punishing "the whiners" in a long time if ever. My opinion is what it always was. We shouldn't punish people for not wanting to choose between not being able to leave spawn and having to use a broken plugin that will probably get them stuck anyway. If we fix /friendly then great. Otherwise we're punishing people for what are essentially 100% valid complaints and that isn't what xG should be.

I understand what you're getting at. I'll do some research to see if there's any fast fixes for the problem. (I dunno, maybe just changing a few configurations may fix it. Who knows.) So for now, let's act business as usual, and if there isn't a sure-fire fix to the plugin, we can reconvene and weigh possible solutions. :D

I may not have much of a say but I'll say my two cents anyways. I agree with moosty on both points. For the first, it's infinitely harder to break a spawn camp without ubers (even bonk scouts can only block a sentry for a few seconds in the case of a teleport spawn.) It's not fun to join the server when the enemy has set up a full spawn camp that you physically cannot break even with rtd.

As for the second point I'd like to point out it's difficult to break a spawn camp when everyone else on your team is leaving. So you have to fight 3v9 in some cases. Not only is it not fun to stay on and play when everyone else is leaving it's also not fun to sit in friendly mode for 15 minutes because we weren't able to break it. From my experience though there are only a couple times it's been that bad I've had to go friendly just to get out.

Lastly I want to put my opinion about spawn-camping in general. I don't use !friendly; I don't care if I get killed; And, I like breaking out of spawn camps. There are more ways to break out than most people give credit for. Like I was playing on Pokemon the other night while blue was spawn-camping red. I ended up switching to blue to "break out" and I literally just walked out of spawn no problems. Air blasted a few projectiles and scorch shot some stickies and I walked out without needing a medic or support. I think sometimes players are just babies about being killed at spawn instead of actually addressing the problem. Go bonk scout, pyro, medic, hell even dead ringer spies can get out of most camps provided they don't walk right into the enemy sentry afterwards. At worst rtd and friendly are options.

So I believe that it does come down to a mod deeming a camp "unbreakable" or having the more specific cases forbidden like moosty suggests. Keeping the server alive is top priority. I don't know about you but if I join a game where you literally can't play I'd leave, and I like breaking spawn camps. Many randoms will share the opinion of "If I can't even leave spawn what's the point of playing here?"

Tl;dr

I agree with moosty. I like breaking spawn-camps personally but I see how it's a pain for randoms. less people trying to break the spawn-camp means it's harder to break it yourself.