Thorax_

What Goes On In The Spam Box

[spoiler=umg][spoiler=“its email subjects, continue if u dare .3."]5aa4c45296736_ScreenShot2016-12-30at6_30_29PM.thumb.png.bc293f00633d6d34358cac78a368fa8c.png

I get a new one of THESE kind of things in my spam every like 30-60 minutes....

I sign up on a lot of websites and stuff that i sign up for use ones and never use again such as a video converter thing....

no I don’t sign up for this stuff.

Thank god it isn’t on my main email -_-

Anyone have worse spam in their inbox....

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

It's pretty much expected to get something similar in your inbox at least once: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXZDtTyafV4

Most likely if you used your email for a lot of sites (more specifically the sketchy ones), they'll either A: give your email to advertisers for some cashola, or B: aren't too good in the security department and get the emails attached to accounts leaked.

Happened to me once on Patreon when all users email addresses got exposed. Got an email from a dude saying he was gonna leak my Credit card/Social Security number/address if I didn't pay him in Bitcoin. Obviously it was fake, since they didn't have the info to begin with, just my email, but wanted to scare people into paying up.

I dont really get spam but thats because I have 3 different email accounts (personal/professional, gaming, and then shit memes)

I have quite a few more accounts than that.... unfortunately.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)