Sign in to follow this  
Otherworldly

Coping with death...

I've never had to cope with the death of someone close to me...

And unfortunately that time is coming soon for me. I still have great grandparents. 3 to be exact...

I just don't know what to do when they are gone. I've grown up 14 years knowing them and loving them...and I really don't know what to feel at that point around when it comes...

Any advice for when that time comes around?

eat alot of chocolate and take your anger out on small puppies

last year my great grandfather died at the age of 82 i didnt cry until i saw him at a hospital

Both my grandfathers died on my mom and dads side before I was born. Same with my great grandparents. My grandma on my mothers side passed away when i was about 6 years old. I remember my mom picking up the fun and then crying slamming the phone. I did not cry and I dont know why I didnt. I guess maybe I was to young to really understand. Recently my grandma got in really bad health and had to go to the hospital. Ive grown up around her my whole life. She is pretty funny to. She seems to be getting a lot better. I dont really see my grandparents as much anymore though. They live in Florida and come up to Ohio during summer. I to dont really now how to feel when the time comes. I just hope my grandparents can make it a few more years you know till I like graduate college. They always love to see me and always tell me how they wish they could live long enough to watch me grow all up. My grandpa seems to be in pretty good health at the moment. He is pretty hilarious sometimes XD. Anyways man yeah idk :/

People never die in your memory, so think of your memorys with them

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

And ducki same with me my dads parents and my moms died all died before i was born.

I've never had to cope with the death of someone close to me...

And unfortunately that time is coming soon for me. I still have great grandparents. 3 to be exact...

I just don't know what to do when they are gone. I've grown up 14 years knowing them and loving them...and I really don't know what to feel at that point around when it comes...

Any advice for when that time comes around?

you're about too no family

I'm usually pretty stonehearted when it comes to emotional stuff...but I don't know and I have never felt the pain of losing someone close to me...

So this is why I am looking to you guys, since you all come from different walks of life with different advice..

It's easy to cope, until you see the body in a casket. that's when everybody loses it. I have never cried over somebody lost, yet I cry why I want them or miss them.

While normally, I'm a pretty sensitive and emotional person, I'm pretty sure I'm borderline-sociopathic whenever some one close to me dies, or a tragedy happens. I get upset for the first day and then, nothing. Everything is gone. I don't think about it at all. I might just be bottling up my emotions but, I have no idea why. Even when my father died, I mourned for a very short time (granted, I didn't exactly "like" my father). But, I think that I got over these things, because I TALKED about them. I recommend if you are hurting, talk to some one. Not even a counselor or a psychiatrist. Just talk about it. It always helps me. You could even just make a post of you just venting it all out.

Oh that happened to me manifolds like I was in te room with my grandfather as he had a heartattack went stiff and died. Here is the key, don't be sad they are in a better place. The way I think of it is that our sadness is just our selfishness that we don't want to lose them, but they are going somewhere better so just aknowledge that and know they are happier! :)