Sign in to follow this  
MuLLin

Issues with mod apps

I just viewed a few of the new mod apps and im realizing DAMN, do i really want to read 5 pages of posts to then put in my opinion? It only takes 10 +1s from people yet the threads keep on growing a retarded ammount... and dont stop!!!! 10 people saying +1 to become mod is a bit low in my opinion (compared to size of our clan) and the votes just get lost in all the brouhaha thats going on in the thread. Should we find a better way to find those who deserve mod and accord it to them?

MuLLin, I do not believe you only need 10 +1s to become a mod. If you read the mod application rules it does not say anything about needing a certain number of pos. I think that the thread is more to get an overall sense of a person, not just their +1s, but the way they interact with players and respond to -1s.

But a very valid point. What solution do you propose?

Moderator applications are approved or declined by Aegean or silence. However, the applications are open so the community can voice their opinion. The administrators then judge the applicant based on the community appeal.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

And by all means yes, I agree we need a new system for moderatorship, it just seems too simple. In my former clan SyndicateGamers, (sG) besides the fact that you had to endure a 30 day recruitment period, all moderators were elected anonymously through a voting spreadsheet by the community. It was a much better system in my opinion. I just feel that it is way too easy getting mod here.

Lemme know watcha think about this,

1. we should just allow mods and higher to decide on who gets mod

2. have a teamspeak meeting every week to discuss new mods

3. have a poll on applications to keep track of peoples overall thoughts about the player

OPINION/SUGGESTIONS OPEN TO DA MAX

I agree mullin we need to think about if the mods can handle the responsibilty that they will receive when the become a mod. although most of the mods do just fine.

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

oh ya and i think its a bit too easy but if silence or aegean think they will do fine then its there choice.

Mullin, you only need 10 +1's to JOIN the CLAN, not be a mod. Aegean discusses with the division leaders who should be promoted and also demoted (if any). They aren't just pulled out of a hat, and now, aegean is making promo/demos every 2weeks so people who deserve mod WILL get it.

The mod app's are for them to see who they think is a good candidate, and trust me, you won't automatically get mod if you get a certain amount of +1's...

Lemme know watcha think about this,

1. we should just allow mods and higher to decide on who gets mod

2. have a teamspeak meeting every week to discuss new mods

3. have a poll on applications to keep track of peoples overall thoughts about the player

OPINION/SUGGESTIONS OPEN TO DA MAX

I agree a new way would be better but this format actually is worse it breds favoritism out the ♥♥♥, a clan i used to be in did it this way, most people getting higher ranks basicly just sucked up to the higher ups and always ended up being terribad mods and such. it should be based on the how the person handles themselfs in game and on forums.

Mullin, you only need 10 +1's to JOIN the CLAN, not be a mod. Aegean discusses with the division leaders who should be promoted and also demoted (if any). They aren't just pulled out of a hat, and now, aegean is making promo/demos every 2weeks so people who deserve mod WILL get it.

The mod app's are for them to see who they think is a good candidate, and trust me, you won't automatically get mod if you get a certain amount of +1's...

Exactly what he said. I might change the waiting time period for mod submissions though to 2 - 3 months starting next week. We will see though. People who deserve it do get promoted as long as the div leaders and admins agree, even if they don't put an application

would be a good idea to change the time period, maybe have a private thread for admins to discuss the promotions of certain members?

would be a good idea to change the time period, maybe have a private thread for admins to discuss the promotions of certain members?

I feel atleast a 60 day waiting period should be in effect, i mean i almost have have the posts required to post a mod app and i've been here a few weeks. I personally don't plan on submitting a mod app till i have atleast 200 posts and been here 2 months min. But thats me being me. 60 day waiting would be good.