Sign in to follow this  
LordAragon

Why the change? Mods

Tech N9ne fan?

John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton, first Baron Acton (1834?1902) expressed this opinion in a letter to Bishop Mandell Creighton in 1887:

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

Who the ♥♥♥♥ is tech n9ne?

What Tarin said is absolutely true. With great power, comes great responsibility. It's a stressful job and some people tend to lose thier fuse really easily. Others are just powerhungry and love having the power to make other people do what they want.

Who are you pointing this at? -wink-

Oh. I dislike rap. It's a pity people think he was the creator of such a fine quote...

I know he didnt create it, one of his albums is called Absolute Power, just curious to see where you got it from.

I kinda agree, some people have changed after they got MOD. I'm not gonna name any examples to single anybody out, but it's obvious who they are. I think they change just because they get power. The ability to have power changes people, for the good or bad. I don't see the reason in change though, if I was to get mod, I wouldn't change, I'd do my job and still be the fun person I am today and still have fun with everyone.

Might have to do with people getting on a sort of high horse when they get mod.

Your personality doesn't have to change one bit once you're mod, assuming you do your job right. That's my take on it.

Also the number of people who rush to 100 posts after two months who immediately go for mod adds to the somewhat dampening effect that has sullied the reputation of most mods. It ends up reflecting badly on everyone to an extent when that happens. Hopefully the vouching committee ends that.