Sign in to follow this  
DR.STRANGELUV

JB motd vs. Mod Discretion

i feel that you can say the initial order as fast as you want but the repeat has to be CLEAR. So you should slow down during the repeat because not EVERYONE can understand you when you speak fast, you are telling duckii not to speak for everyone yet you are doing the same, you assume everyone can understand you when you are talking fast but not everyone does. Also i agree with at least 7 seconds to comply with orders.

I speak for myself, and myself only.

From the other responses on this thread, my perception is that they do not want to change the rules.

Why cant players play their role the way they feel it should be played?

If I was 1 warden with 11 deputies vs 32-38 terrorists, I would be as hard as I could be. Plus, rebelling on a good CT team brings pride.

I take pride in being a hard ass and I hope those who rebel on me feel pride that they overpowered me.

This brings respect.

A lot of people are saying that orders that are given need to be given clearly, while I agree with this, I don't see the problem with talking fast? strangelove is the perfect example of this, fast but certainly clear enough to hear what he's saying, and i feel like a lot of t's are simply abusing their power to ask for repeats, especially when a warden gives the same orders almost everytime.

Giving the t's 10 seconds after order's is like giving them a golden pass to cell hop/knife vent/rebel, and it takes a lot of the threat away making the ct's seem softer, which is cool for some wardens, but not for wardens that like being hardasses. It takes away from the experience for some people and i don't feel like that's really fair.

+1 for 5 seconds allowed for completion of orders

Do you rember me repeating that shit for so long infront of agean lawl.. xD (trying to prove a point by its ridiculus.. I think the rule should be you only have to say it once.. but if some 1 talks over you or your mic cuts out then you have to repeat it 1 time..)

In either case, repeats are usually just common courtesy to T's how may have been otherwise preoccupied while waiting for the last round to be over and for those who may have lagged when the first set of orders were given. Its not to be mean or to troll, people just sometimes can't hear what you are saying because either the order was too fast or given in a way they couldn't comprehend. To make it easy on myself, I say my first order, then as a courtesy, repeat it a bit slower for those just might not have heard it the first time. I've never had anyone ask for a repeat after just those two times. Maybe the thing this should be about is microphone quality or speed the orders are given, but if anyone is getting slayed for not repeating orders after being asked by a majority or being slayed for not clearly stating orders (tarp) then they should be slayed with a warning to stop, think, and rethink their approach to Wardening. My 5 cents. :3

The problem has noW become the "rule" of repeats.

No matter how many times you repeat, there is always a troll who types repeat, even after cells are opened and after multiple repeats.

So, any warden gets slain when they refuse to repeat. Again, this skews to T favoritism...

Nobody likes waiting for a round to get to 0:00 and beyond...

PEOPLE HAVE TO DIE!!!

I know everyone wants to play, but I shall reiterate:

I believe in QUICK THOUGHT and QUICK REACTIONS. I believe that true skill lies within these 2 principals.

I think the reason you guys think 5 secs is ok is because you don't get the complaints of at least 2/3 guys saying they were freekilled every time something like this happens. When the warden gives more than 5 seconds, this rarely happens

I think we should make a rule about slow days AFTER 0:00 thats another problem

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

I think the reason you guys think 5 secs is ok is because you don't get the complaints of at least 2/3 guys every time something like this happens

Heheeheeheeehehe... so true

Some people like weak wardens to rabble on...w/e

When dumb/weak CTs cannot control Ts, they should switch teams to give someone else a chance. But they dont. They scream RTV ____day.

This sucks. Cause some of us like to ACTUALLY play...

Everyone should accept responsibility for their own actions and should be judged independently. Just b/c some CTs freekill, does not mean the warden is at fault (although, there are exceptions).

+1 for 5 seconds. I can accept death if I get caught.

I just wish others could do the same.

In either case, repeats are usually just common courtesy to T's how may have been otherwise preoccupied while waiting for the last round to be over and for those who may have lagged when the first set of orders were given. Its not to be mean or to troll, people just sometimes can't hear what you are saying because either the order was too fast or given in a way they couldn't comprehend. To make it easy on myself, I say my first order, then as a courtesy, repeat it a bit slower for those just might not have heard it the first time. I've never had anyone ask for a repeat after just those two times. Maybe the thing this should be about is microphone quality or speed the orders are given, but if anyone is getting slayed for not repeating orders after being asked by a majority or being slayed for not clearly stating orders (tarp) then they should be slayed with a warning to stop, think, and rethink their approach to Wardening. My 5 cents. :3

Repeating is in the MOTD now, you must repeat at least once, and it must be clear when you repeat it also. We added the repeat rule like a couple of weeks ago, so yeah :P

The problem has noW become the "rule" of repeats.

No matter how many times you repeat, there is always a troll who types repeat, even after cells are opened and after multiple repeats.

So, any warden gets slain when they refuse to repeat. Again, this skews to T favoritism...

You only have to repeat once, and in the beginning orders only. If you repeat clearly once, you don't have to repeat again, even if people ask multiple times. I've already said this before, and it is clearly stated in the MOTD, so please before argueing about T favoritism, read the rules correctly

I know, but there are mods/admins who do not know this, and I have seen many !mute/!unmutes to argue during a round, and then slaying begins...

This is the problem that I have...

The reason I can talk fast and be clear (as long as no one mic spams) is b/c I have a routine of the SAME orders everytime.

I ALWAYS repeat orders, I open cells, mark the time, and then give the EXACT time of compliance.

Some type repeat and then I have to defend myself against the powers that be while trying to control Ts before I get slain.

May I suggest a memo to clarify this repeat rule so we can plug this exploit?

-1 if your not listening you die. Survival of the fittest, if you cant manage to take a step out of the cells and face them within 3 seconds then you sure as hell arent smart enough to live through a whole round.

To the QQ'ers who died: So what, you didnt get to play a round of jailbreak. Wait the 5 minutes, pay attention, and play next round.

-1 for 5 seconds. +1 to remove repeats from MOTD

I know, but there are mods/admins who do not know this, and I have seen many !mute/!unmutes to argue during a round, and then slaying begins...

This is the problem that I have...

The reason I can talk fast and be clear (as long as no one mic spams) is b/c I have a routine of the SAME orders everytime.

I ALWAYS repeat orders, I open cells, mark the time, and then give the EXACT time of compliance.

Some type repeat and then I have to defend myself against the powers that be while trying to control Ts before I get slain.

May I suggest a memo to clarify this repeat rule so we can plug this exploit?

If you have an issue with clarity no amount of repeats is going to fix that. Speak clearly. Enunciate your words. Not everyone has your orders memorized. It is in the rules you must be clear. It isn't that hard of a concept.

If you have a problem repeating orders, don't call warden. That or you can say the orders once then wait until they ask for a repeat to say them again.

Remember, clarity is key.

You play with me enough to know that I am VERY clear.

I, as warden, harp on mic spammers for the sake of clarity.

I DO NOT believe in tarps. To me, tarping is a cheap trick (but people can play however they want as long as they don't break the rules).

All I am asking is for -

To those with power -

DO NOT just take people at their word. The addition of this new repeat rule has caused ALOT of confusion b/c not everyone reads MOTD (or knows how). If someone is consistantly being unclear (and refuses to acknowledge this), then take the power into your own hands.

ELSE

Let NAZIs be NAZIs!!!