Sign in to follow this  
Aegean

Dear Mods/Admins of Jailbreak

Lately lots of people have been complaining about things not being done about freekillers etc. This could be due to the fact that there are 40-50 people on, but only 3-7 mods/admins on at once which is normal. I would like to give you guys a couple tips, as I have been on jailbreak almost every day these past few weeks for about 30 min to an hour minimum a day. I have seen many different mods/admins and even sometimes div leaders on, but other then the div leaders, and a few mods, no one does anything about freekillers at all unless it was obvious (for example 2 people dying on a first reaction game). I was one of the first few to say do not do anything unless you see the freekill, but there is more to it then that.

SO here are a few questions you mods/admins should think about before you moderate on our servers!

1. If someone is saying freekill, would it hurt to ask why he/she thinks they got freekilled?

2. If you didn't see the freekill, would it hurt to ask the CT who killed him why they killed them at all?

3. If someone is upset they are getting freekilled, and are "spamming" , is it neccesary to kick them or insult them just because they are being fed up, or is it easier just to tell them to calm down, and to be civil yourself.

4. When you get freekilled, isn't it easier to slay them and tell them what they did wrong, rather then teamban instantly and disrespect them by calling them an "idiot"?

Well here are some things for you guys to think about, hopefully things in our servers get better as I personally haven't seen much work done with many mods on the servers at once.

Thank you for posting this. Here's another thing to add

If people need admins/mods for Jailbreak and your not doing anything or in a server that doesn't need mods/admins *coughcoughDust 24/7 coughcough* Could you go in when there's positions opened?

Thanks for posting this. I see things like this every day.

Another thing I always thought should be instituted, was to have some sort of "Moderator in Training" where they only receive simple commands such as,

!mute @(person not all)

!gag @(person not all)

!slay @(person not all).

And the spray commands just not kick, but warn and delete.

As well as Admin chat/All Chat

Thanks for posting this. I see things like this every day. Another thing I always thought should be instituted, was to have some sort of "Moderator in Training" where they only recieve simple commands such as, !mute @(person not all) !gag @(person not all) !slay @(person not all). And the rest with sprays just not kick, but warn and delete.

I do this with some of the newer mods and have them practice on me in an un populated server and give them a rundown

ive been saying this ALL the time, if the server is close to full, mods HAVE to be in spectate to deal with rulebreakers, u CANT play as a t or ct if theres only a couple of other mods on, better u try in spectate and ACTIVELY search for rulebreakers than to play the server and slay the ones that u see with ur own eyes

Yeah but i'm talking about just letting them use simple commands. Just to get used to having to make decisions, and not asking others to make those decisions.

But I do the same thing as you. Just sometimes newer moderators are forced into tough situations with people complaining about hackers. Also letting them have the chance to learn how to work with fellow mods, rather than going as a lone-wolf.

well tbh the only time i go spectate and make sure the server is running well is when im the only mod on (which happens frequently)

but anyway aegean, as a mod or admin , we cant just simply slay a ct because a ct *freekilled them* 5 out of 10 times that i deal with freekills end up a unfreekill and its the Ts fault. now in a scenario like this the admin or mod is at fault. the mod ends up as being the bad guy.. now i always try to deal with freekills and try to pm the ct that freekilled, 9 out of 10 times that ct doesnt reply... now if im dead its not right to stop the game and ask that ct why he freekilled 1 person.. freekills shudnt be allowed i no but we shudnt stop the game because of 1 freekill....

That's such a bad attitude... you are a moderator for a reason. You're telling me just cuz a warden is giving orders, you are gonna ignore someone getting freekilled? Did you also not read the things I said? Is it so hard to ask the T or CT the situation? Where did I say "slay the person who is accused of being a freekiller" ? Investigate... you are a mod? Everyone can wait 20-30 seconds as long as you do your duties of a mod and take care of rulebreakers. No one will ever say "omfg, mod/admin is stopping the game to investigate a freekill, what a loser" . If they do, they can find other servers, we are the #1 jailbreak server, so the best thing we can do is to make sure all the rules are being followed.

Why you would ignore someone say "freekiller" is beyond me to be honest.

well tbh the only time i go spectate and make sure the server is running well is when im the only mod on (which happens frequently)

but anyway aegean, as a mod or admin , we cant just simply slay a ct because a ct *freekilled them* 5 out of 10 times that i deal with freekills end up a unfreekill and its the Ts fault. now in a scenario like this the admin or mod is at fault. the mod ends up as being the bad guy.. now i always try to deal with freekills and try to pm the ct that freekilled, 9 out of 10 times that ct doesnt reply... now if im dead its not right to stop the game and ask that ct why he freekilled 1 person.. freekills shudnt be allowed i no but we shudnt stop the game because of 1 freekill....

[ATTACH]1464.vB[/ATTACH]

10charlimit

27gb.jpg.7334f122522b266daa929c782d8b42e2.jpg

That's such a bad attitude... you are a moderator for a reason. You're telling me just cuz a warden is giving orders, you are gonna ignore someone getting freekilled? Did you also not read the things I said? Is it so hard to ask the T or CT the situation? Where did I say "slay the person who is accused of being a freekiller" ? Investigate... you are a mod? Everyone can wait 20-30 seconds as long as you do your duties of a mod and take care of rulebreakers. No one will ever say "omfg, mod/admin is stopping the game to investigate a freekill, what a loser" . If they do, they can find other servers, we are the #1 jailbreak server, so the best thing we can do is to make sure all the rules are being followed.

Why you would ignore someone say "freekiller" is beyond me to be honest.

i never ignore a person who admin messages me saying they were freekilled

i get tons of steam messages of ppl complaining i try my best...

and yes i do agree my argument of stopping the round for a freekill was a bit foolish...

Thank you for posting this. Here's another thing to add

If people need admins/mods for Jailbreak and your not doing anything or in a server that doesn't need mods/admins *coughcoughDust 24/7 coughcough* Could you go in when there's positions opened?

If im not ingame... im busy

Than why did you say it? I know i'm kind of going against you here. But if you took the time to say something, it obviously had something to do with a prior event, this matters not at all.

What I am trying to say, is we all get messages. But Ultimately, the true experience is the players, not the one of the admins. We may complain about receiving so many messages, but this is only because we single handedly are the "coders" of said players experiences.

Anyway by this point in what I was saying was almost completely irrelevant to what you were saying earlier Mohammad xP

Than why did you say it? I know i'm kind of going against you here. But if you took the time to say something, it obviously had something to do with a prior event, this matters not at all.

What I am trying to say, is we all get messages. But Ultimately, the true experience is the players, not the one of the admins. We may complain about receiving so many messages, but this is only because we single handedly are the "coders" of said players experiences.

Anyway by this point in what I was saying was almost completely irrelevant to what you were saying earlier Mohammad xP

... who are u talking to?