Sign in to follow this  
MajorB

xG:M Mike Hawk

The moderator was approached and asked to stop making racist comments, The moderator quickly got upset and showed little to no maturity or knowledge that he had to follow the rules just like everyone else, and quite a few other players were finding his actions offensive. Which is understandable as this is a highly unacceptable action from a xG:M, who is expected to follow rules much closer then the average player.

+1 Demotion

Proof well here are a few snapshots.

Steam Community :: Screenshot

-1 i can think of like 3 more moderators that say that word around admins+ and don't get in trouble. If he gets demoted for saying it then i think any mod that says it should be demoted.

You are expected to follow the rules, It is not fair to punish visitors,and other players for breaking rules,but not our mods/admins. If other admins+ make similar comments then it should be reported. Whether or not that happens now will vary on the players who witness it. Otherwise we might as well just erase all the rules, and allow everything to be considered acceptable.

I don't really know. Proof isn't really good but then again he is using his power to give him the right to say something without any consequences. I say give him a warning and that's about it. Tell him to use his powers the way he should and not for stupid reasons.

Also i agree with chickenlips i think he should get a warning instead of getting demoted for saying it once. Major no offense or anything, but ive heard you say the N word on xG before.

Also i agree with chickenlips i think he should get a warning instead of getting demoted for saying it once. Major no offense or anything, but ive heard you say the N word on xG before.

Just post "nigger", you're not using it in any offensive way now...It's insulting once you use it as an insult.

-1 demotion

+1 warning, he shouldn't do this.

Well, personally, I never wanted this guy a moderator (No offence) It's just I've had too many problems with him in the past, I didn't think he'd be a good mod. I haven't seen him in-game with powers yet, so I don't know how he is at mod, but he should NOT be saying "nigga", & using the reason "I'm a mod I can do whatever e.t.c."

-1 Demotion

+1 for Being watched more carefully.

This is probably the stupidest thread i've seen in a good while.

+1 For a warning to Mike Hawk

+1 for banning the N word outright. It seriously isn't needed. At all.

Not condoning what was done here, but I reckon it should depend on the context as to when a word should be considered offensive.

+1 Warning

-1 Demotion

dont make me make you my faggot

seemed to upset major and that other guy in chat as well

does that = offensive?

where is that merky line of what is raciest n what is not?

if i binded that phrase to a key n used it in a non spam way, would i suffer any action against me?

lets see how this plays out

does that = offensive?

if i binded that phrase to a key n used it in a non spam way, would i suffer any action against me?

That is offensive. I say if you used it as a spam button joke kind of thing and we knew about it, as long as you didn't spam it then I'd be fine with it. I don't know about other people. If you spammed it I'd obviously gag you. Nonetheless it's offensive but then again it's not as bad as saying the N word.

does that = offensive?

It depends on the person you are talking to, if you use it on someone you don't know/aren't the best of friends with then it's going to come across offensive or they're just gonna use the opportunity to kick up a fuss. If you were to say that towards someone you're friends with its more suited as light banter/joking around.

If it's not aimed at anyone and just used in the server those that get offended so easily really need to grow some skin.