Sign in to follow this  
Duplolas

xG Respected Member Rank?

OK so I know this has probably been asked before or possibly even used before in xG, but I would just like to know why we do not have this rank currently? Ive seen it on other servers where respected members have the ability to call votes to do different commands on a server, but why is it not here? I know a lot of people are just going to say that we just flat out need it, but the way I see it, people complain about how late at night no mods are on to do anything or they just are not on the server period. I think that this would be a good fix rather than just adding tons of new mods. I really dont need to get into details about how someone would become Respected or how punishment of them would work, but with a growing community such as xG, this may be a option in the future, xG is already growing faster than ever. I myself have seen 10 or more new players on surf, 3 of which plan on appling for membership, and 1 of them all ready has, and most likely will be accepted (ToxicUnicorn). Its just an idea so dont hate on it too much please.

I say no because we don't need to have a respected member rank.

Adding tons of mods = same effect as giving out members a respected flag. I don't see how the difference between a respected flag and a moderator flag makes people on surf or at night more effective. There is also the ability to gather evidence of events happening, to catch a said person. Maybe if there was more forum activities during the ungodly hours of the night between those members that are willing to moderate at those times, of course there would be the solution.

Respected basically adds nothing BECAUSE silence barely gives out bare minimum for administration and control flags to the mods.

Well I only proposed this because I thought that if the community had more control over themselves it might take some stress off of Mods who are being overwhelmed or just for late night hours when there are no mods on. It would really only be for JB during time periods where the server is full of people and only 1 or 2 mods are on to control the madness. I really dont think we need it so much right now, but with xG exspanding into many other games, I just thought it would be a good idea, maybe not for now, but in the future. And just to tack on another idea, maybe an optional deputy if a mod were to want one? One that can call votes or just to kind of help watch over with the mod as a spotter, kind of as a person who's word can be taken as a fact? Once again its just an idea :D

Well maybe I could make a sub-clan providing that I am able to become a moderator lol. Just think that a spotter is better than a Jr. lmao.

This would just cause more issues and more problems, e.g. abusing, ton of new people getting powers and don't even know how to use them, silence being lazy, e.t.c, and "deputy" that's what we have the (TO ADMINS) chat for.. so you can report things to us.. everyone does that..

i say no also just keep it as it is its fine how it is... giving "respected" members powers could be chaos :O

Ehh. Honestly I think just adding mods would have the same effect rather than going through all the trouble :o

I am really moving away from the idea as well, I really only think right now that just having a rank that has no actual power to do anything on their own, but works along with admins might work. There would be no abuse really, just xtra help if they needed it.

No, just plain stupid....

Anyway, we already have many respectable members here in xG, it's Silence to be specific. I mean, who doesn't love Silence? Of course, I don't. lol

Sarcasm, what can you do?