Sign in to follow this  
RedstoneOre

[The Big One]South Park/Family Guy?

Family Guy is a show for people with short attention span, every episode there are 10 irrelevant "jokes" that take up 70% of the episode that start with "remember the time ....".

I don't sterotype with South Park poop.

Seriously...there is only a few episodes with it...

Peter seems to express that shit a lot more than South Park does. South Park actually goes for the cultural mainstream and makes episodes out of it. Family guy's formula is always

Plot

Possibly better subplot

Joke one

Talk about plot

Joke two

Subplots slips in

Joke three

Joke four

Plot and subplot somehow mix

Plot fixed

Subplot fixed

Jokes wherever possible that are utterly unfunny.

Remember the time I used to be an adventurer? *Peter running through forest and desert* *arrow hits peter in the knee* *peter does that thing he does when he hurts his knee*

EDIT:I thought I replied to that guy, delete this.

Family Guy is a show for people with short attention span, every episode there are 10 irrelevant "jokes" that take up 70% of the episode that start with "remember the time ....".

Remember the time I used to be an adventurer? *Peter running through forest and desert* *arrow hits peter in the knee* *peter does that thing he does when he hurts his knee*

The two series of episodes are quite funny, except for a few things:

- Southpark are pioneers of televisioned comedy

- Southpark pushes the limits of what is funny and what is too much

- Southpark always has a morale behind every store axed on a VERY STRONG morale compass

- Southpark MAKES FUN OF EVERY SIDE OF THE DEBATE, EVERYONE, Family guy pokes fun at only one side, the one that doesn't reflect the opinion of Seth Green. EX: In Family guy, atheists are superior to religious people and are not made fun of (Brian Griffin vs Religion) while in South Park, they make everyone look like dumbasses (The episode where cartman goes X amount of years into the future to get his Nintendo WII). The same tendency was observed in American Dad and The Cleveland show also in partnership with Seth Green.

That is why I find South Park vastly superior. Their show is not a cartoon, it's art.

@@Loki It's only not art if you're not in-tune with the social cultural problems of the world. South Park displays subtle small messages. For the weaker minded, it's a dumb show, but for those that can see beyond the surface, it's a mind-blowing message of morale conduct.

South park. Family guy's cool to watch at first, but after a while it just gets really old and repetative.

Southpark +1

i think early family guy(first 3 seasons and some of the 4th) tops all. there are jokes from the first seasons that none of you would even understand. but judging a series as a whole i'd say south park is better because sp is consistently funny and they dont change their humor as much

i have watched both series and have watched all episodes from both series .......................with that said i think south park is a bit better