Sign in to follow this  
Lonewolf1925

Building a new Pc. Need some help.

Ok so I've been gone from the servers for a long time now, so most likely you guys don't remember me that well The reason for my absence is the fact that I need to get a new PC, because this one refuses to play any game beyond 10 minutes at a time before I get servere lag. I've tryed everything from cleaning the entire computer, to checking the hardware, to Looking all over google and different forums for fixes, etc. Nothing has worked for long term and has only made it so I can play for a weekend at most before it begins to start messing up again.

I figure most of you know more then I do about building a Gaming computer, and I need to know if this is a good build. If you can give me advice on a computer to get or some good parts to put into this please give me advice. I'm not looking for a good looking computer with all the LEDs and stuff,I'm just something that will run my games. If it goes beyond $1000 I'll have to consider it, since I want to be able to play my games as soon possible and would rather just upgrade it later on when I need/want to.

Just a few games I play/ want to play to let you guys see what I want to play:

Any Source game like TF2,Gmod,CS:S

Fallout NV

Deus ex:HR

Borderlands

Any Tell tale Game like Sam and Max, Walking Dead, or Back to the future.

The Darkness 2

The Stalker series

Day Z

Super MNC

Tribes Ascend

I need to know if this computer would even work? If it does work how well will it work for these games? Can I get the same or a better part for cheaper.

My latest Build (as of 7/21/12 at 10:20 PM EST): AMD Phenom II X4 955, Asus Radeon HD 7770, Thermaltake Commander MS-I ID - System Build - PCPartPicker

8-12gb of ram should be fine. Unless you're multi tasking. When I had 8gb I ran minecraft, ts3, vent, skype, origin, chromo, and some steam game. So if you feel like saving a little money for accessories do it.

If youre going to be running a 560 graphics card. it comes with fans, but i would be safe and get some extra just to make sure u dont overheat. also I wouldnt get an AMD, just my opinion.

Get 1.5tb With all my games i'm at 903 GBs left. And it will build up with software and what not...

I'm going to upgrade later on in the future. For now I'm getting what I need for now to start playing games, and I felt a 1TB drive should be good for now, plus I have a few spare Harddrives left around my house that I can use. They aren't big hard drives but they should be good enough until I can get more.

8-12gb of ram should be fine. Unless you're multi tasking. When I had 8gb I ran minecraft, ts3, vent, skype, origin, chromo, and some steam game. So if you feel like saving a little money for accessories do it.

I've changed that and alot more in my latest build. This build should allow me to upgrade when I need to more easily then the last one.

AMD Phenom II X4 955, Asus Radeon HD 7770, Thermaltake Commander MS-I ID - System Build - PCPartPicker

Double post.

If youre going to be running a 560 graphics card. it comes with fans, but i would be safe and get some extra just to make sure u dont overheat. also I wouldnt get an AMD, just my opinion.

Why shouldn't I get an AMD?