Sign in to follow this  
Duckii

Surf DeathMatch Suggestions

I also like the idea of having to get guns. That way people can't just hop out of spawn, then go to the nearest teleporter to the enemy spawn. People are exploiting that a lot. Also I agree with the map changing. One thing I don't like is long jump. It changes it from a game of who can shoot and surf the best to who can jump around and dodge bullets. level 1 of long jump makes it nearly impossible to kill people because they move so fast there is no reasonable way to hit them.

but with long jump, it allows people that suck at aiming to close in on others and shoot the crap out of them using the speed to their advantage, and long jump makes it much more fun too

I believe the experience rates should be put a bit higher because im at level eight and only getting 68 xp a kill and at this rate it will take me 125 kills to level. It is too hard to get 125 kills when everybody keeps choosing Surf_forbidden_ways_reloaded_x10 and camping the portals that people who fall into jail come out of. I'm not saying increase xp rate a lot im just suggesting raise it to about 200-250 a kill.

I've found out that the xp u gain is in ratio to the amount of damage you did to your kill (Ex: I ks, i get 10xp, normal kills yield ~60xp) I think that above^ is a good idea. There needs to be a static xp gain per kill, however this would worsen the killsteal situation, but people should be able to get over it.

Also, why such the strict spawn rules? I totally understand the no spawn camping, but as the rules are set now, if you even so much as glance into spawn its cause for punishment. With the spawn protection as long as it is, I don't think that is quite as necessary.

Also, the guns menu does need to be removed. There's many maps that shouldnt have people running around them so early with all the guns, and it ruins it. Players can also spawn guns into jails that would otherwise remove them (but I know this isnt allowed) Anyway, thats just my rant.

CONGRATS PEOPLE OF XENOGAMERS i just said your CS servers suck cuz their admins are bad and ban people cuz of their names and this is all thanks to NETEX and i will continue on this quest until the admins learn how to respect people meanings not their appearances. asses

From what I understand, you get xp when you deal damage, and also xp when you kill people. Now I don't know if the higher level you are, there is a larger amount of xp you get from being killed, but if that is true, then the people in the 0-10 range probably give around 60-80 xp per kill, and it would probably go up by about 20-30 every 10 levels.. I don't really know, but it seems kind of accurate because i sometimes can get about 200 xp from killing people who are in the 40's.

*Actually, I kill people who are higher than 10 and im still getting less than 100 xp.. I guess it is all based on damage then?*

There should be a way to only respawn if your killer was killed, that way people don't screw around and its more challenging. Also there is no attempted spawn kills because if you die after spawn killing, their entire team will respawn at one time. Good luck surviving that.

I would go to [THC]RPG DM Surf server and take some notes, they really did a good job with there RPG menu. I would like to add that i enjoy serious surfing maps that you know make you try and fail to beat it, i find great river boring but thats just me, so i think that more harder(bigger?) maps need to be added than the smaller maps because it will be a DM.

I think the surf server needs a plugin for admins that tells the admin the player's in game name and who they were killed by when you aim at them. I think this would help bring slays/kicks/bans to spawnkillers.

Sign in to follow this