Sign in to follow this  
OriginalCat

Good Microphone Recomendations, Please?

Some of you may be aware of my okay - bad mic quality in-game. I recently broke my Turtle Beach X11's that I use for both my PC and Xbox and I've been useing my dad's which is also an X11.

Anyways, I'm asking for some suggestions on good microphone headseats for gaming on the PC. Perhaps tell me what kind you guys use?

Thanks <3

I've had the razer carcharias for a while and theyre awesome for me. Really comfortable, cool looking, good mic, and a good headset. Not expensive either :D

I use Plantronics, though you should be warned that if you have a miniature jawline like I do, you might have trouble making sure the mic is close enough to your mouth. I fixed it by turning up its receive/send volumes and it works wonders in every game I play, I can hear footsteps and it's easy to make out the direction.

I have the astro a40 audio system. Astrogaming.com

I absolutely love this headset. It comes with an a40 headset and the a40 mixamp. The mixamp can bring to 7.1 surround sound on your computer ( if your computer's sound card has dolby digital live) and you can use the mixamp on consoles such as ps3 or 360 to get surround sound as well.

However if you want to just plugin the a40 headset straight to your onboard soundcard that works too.

The headset is 200, and the audio system (which includes headset and mixamp) is 250. (unless it went down since i bought it in april)

Its pricey, but I fucking love it.

Also, another very very good headset are the sennheiser pc360's. They are even more expensive, 300. No mixamp or anything with them, but they are a good buy too.

Me personally I love my trusty a40's.

If you are looking for a cheaper buy I have heard great reviews with the razer cachiaras and steelseries siberia v2's.

Just a word of advice, avoid turtlebeach under all circumstances to be honest.

-to enigma

i use a logitech mic, but for some reason its great on the non-source games, but when i use it on css, its extremely staticy...