Kittylicious

Spawn Camping Removal Dicsussion.

ok so I've just learnt Nomulous has introduced a new rule of no spawn camping on servers.

Obviously I will accept whatever new rules are introduced and maintain them as I can. But spawncamping is a much loved thing which everyone takes part in on the servers.

Now my main concern with this is a lot of the current tgh maps have facing spawns (neon xmas for example). So say I come out of spawn as a demoman and fire a grenade at someone exiting the opposite spawn. Would that be spawncamping and illegal for me to do so? If so we should just remove most tgh maps completely as maintaining the none spawncamping rule especially to newcomers on the server will be hell.

Discuss what you think of the rule and what problems you think it could bring with the current maps, etc.

What, why you do this? @Nomulous

If you're bad enough to get spawn camped, then you deserve to be spawn camped. We do have an auto balance if the teams numbers aren't fair, so both teams are on equal grounds and getting spawn camped is just you being bad at the game. Enforcing the rule will be difficult, especially on all the unique maps on trade gaming history with how you define "spawn camping".

In short, get good at tf2 please and allow spawn camping.

again,

WHY U DO DIS, NOM!?

Edit: Next time, mind giving the members of xg a say in the new changes? Or at least alert us through forums of new changes or even upcoming events/updates.

why dont the mods and admins just ignore that rule because its stupid and no one will complain since nom hardly goes onto the server anyway

Edit: also the sheer fact that nom thinks that the mods and admins can cope with people complaining every 5 seconds about spawn-camping is unreal i mean most maps spawn are literally 10 feet away and the fact that nom can make rules out of his ass is another thing because he has the liberty to be a DL and because he cant take being called an abusing on the chin is another thing and also the fact that how he can just change rules cause hes a DL and he expect everyone to agree with a stupid fucking idea pisses me off

Fuck it, i'm gonna make this the primary thread. The rule came about when i was called onto the server by kitsune, a regular of gaming history. She accuses @Nomulous @Barmithian (Barm apologized to the server for his actions so he is fine) for using powers and donator plugins to help break the spawn up in Nimbus land on gaming history. after i got on nomulous was said to have left. Nom is said to have used the MVM shield to his advantage to break the spawn camp as well as noclip to try and build a teleporter to another part of the map. After i confronted nomulous, he tells me that the accusations are false and that he only used the plugins that were allowed and UBER which helped him break the spawn camping. However, this is coming into question because of the rash decision to eliminate spawn camping all together. ^ ------ but this is mainly an issue by it's self that can be answered at a later date but for right now im gonna list a bunch of points for why spawn camping should stay allowed.

I may not the trade servers that much, but when i do i do like to sniper people while they are in spawn and they snipe back at me. I think spawn camping showed be allowed. @kbraszzz

Spawn camping isn't an ultimate rule, I'll come back, I made it a rule for now while I figure out a way to modify it, as some maps it's near impossible to break a sentry nest. This'll be adjusted after my work

I love the challenge of breaking a spawn camp. I love using the team to work together to break it and the RTD to vary our results. Most spawn camps I help attack are usually taken down.

Spawn camping isn't an ultimate rule, I'll come back, I made it a rule for now while I figure out a way to modify it, as some maps it's near impossible to break a sentry nest. This'll be adjusted after my work

ok, but I'm not sure about others but I don't want any spawn protection for a limited time when people leave spawn. I really don't like spawn protection.

Kay so cuz people are mad, real the rules. Talk to Vector

• Spawn camping is allowed, if an admin deems the spawn camp nearly impossible to escape from, they are allowed to break the camp. The only admins that can deem that is Vector.

For anyone too lazy to find it, my question is - why only vector? Shouldn't it be all admins instead?

"Spawn camping is allowed, if Vector deems the spawn camp nearly impossible..."

yeah.....

Because, Vector lives in Trade servers and he knows it better than anyone else. As well, the server knows Vector very well, so let him be