Sign in to follow this  
TChief

Debate: GAG dead chat ?

I've been noticing that when someone die, they tend to start spamming chat a lot, and i mean A LOT. I understand that it might get boring sometimes when you are not allow to chat while dead and just sit there. However, these are on the negative sides of having dead chat visible.

-They SPAM FREEKILLED FREEKILLED FREEKILLED......when most of the time the kill was legit, this could be solved by just letting them using the @@freekill in teamchat, which most dont know, so they spam regular chat.

-They tend to ghost during games, rat out positions.... i understand a mod can just warn, then gag. However, when chat and mic and being spammed, admin's warnings are hard to see.

- Aside from spamming freekilled, visible dead chat also clogs up the chat window and sometimes interfering with some current games and admin all chat.

My personal suggestion: How about just let the dead and/or admins see dead chats or at least set a time limit between each comments, say 3 seconds or so.

As much as I can understand your sentiments towards this issue, I'd say no. It would ruin a lot of fun for the other players who aren't spamming. If this did occur, potentially it would decrease the playtime on the server for a lot of players on JB. I know Mods/ Admins are playing as well but if its possible to catch them, just gag them.

I think a separate dead chat for the dead people would work better or a longer anti spam would work aswell. I like chief aswell see a few people ghosting and giving away peoples positions on dead chat.