Sign in to follow this  
ItsAaron

Any tips on how to moderate CS:GO?

It is so difficult compared to CS:S.

I cant find a quick way to switch to a specific player when I'm in spec mode,

I cant find out who I'm looking at when I'm in spec mode,

I tried to teamban someone, but as their name was something like "{;:::;) (V)", when I tried a single one of the bracketed characters with the brackets included, it said there was too many matching clients, and when I tried the full thing in speech marks, nothing happened,

I imagine its my own stupidity causing most of it, but help would be appreciated <3

And as a suggestion, on the one map where there can be a "derp day", it really needs to be put into MOTD quickly, since absolutely no one is sure exactly what it is,

@@Unique

be patient when ur moderating, if u cant take action right away becuase of whatever reason, then leave it till a time when u can just remember to let the t or ct know why u did what u did.

if ur not sure of whether someone is breaking rules, dont take action cause u might freeslay them or slay the wrong person

stay calm and dont let dumbasses get to you, what i like to do is just respond with "cool" if someones trying to talk shit in general, gets them so mad that they stop so they dotn look like bigger idiots lol

dont be afraid to call for back up if u think ull need help, makes it easier for everyone if there are more mods on the server

tell people to change their names if u cant type it out on a keyboard, meaning weird letters like those upside down ones are not allowed unless they have enough letters in their name that u can type out urself

pretty much what serbian said, also, for those difficult names I use !admin, if you are dead meaning you cant use !admin properly, I just wait till next round, you gotta have a lot of patience

like they said, be patient. My first week was pretty hectic as hell getting used to all the multitasking but since i'm such a fast learner it's no problemo ;)

Also, i rarely use !admin because it's bugged all the time, but instead, I use console because it's so OP! For people with wierd names, just type "status" (no quotations) in console, it will list out all the unique IDs of players, just use that ID to private chat, kick, ask to change name, ect...