Sign in to follow this  
Duplolas

My Gaming Pc for less than $600

AMD FX-8320 Vishera 3.5GHz (4.0GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD8320FRHKBOX

[MEDIA=amazon]B009O7YU56[/MEDIA] ($165)

ASUS M5A88-V EVO AM3+ AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

ASUS M5A88-V EVO AM3+ AMD 880G 5 x SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - Newegg.com (Got it on sale for $50)

NZXT Guardian 921 RB 921RB-001-RD Black SECC steel chassis Computer Case

NZXT Guardian 921 RB 921RB-001-RD Black SECC steel chassis Computer Case - Newegg.com (Got it on sale for $45)

HIS IceQ H687Q1G2M Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

HIS IceQ Radeon HD 6870 H687Q1G2M 1GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Newegg.com (Got it on sale for around $100)

OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom

OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom - Newegg.com (Got it on sale + rebate for $35)

The other components like the ram and hdd I got from my old computer

Ram: 16 gb

HDD: 950 gb

ETC.

Basically equivalent to $150 or so if I rebought the things im reusing.

So total spent is $395 for the components I bought and then if you add the total of the components im reusing it would equal around $550.

Ill post some nice pics when I finish building it after xmas.

Nice, i just finished up another build.

MSIZ77A G41

G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1600 mhz

Seagate Barracuda 1tb 7200 Rpm Hdd

Corsair Tx750 (no velvet bag :,(

Cooler Master 912 Haf Case (so sexy :D)

EVGA Gtx 660

Intel Core i5 2500k

Asus Dvd Burner

The AMD Vishera is very nice. Its suppose to run 20% faster than its older version zambezi. Vishera uses piledriver instead of bulldozer and its fucking amazing.

I recommend everyone to buy it.

As far as my entire case build went... It was a pain in the ass for a while. It wasnt the cases's fault it, im just really bad at cable management. The case itself is amazing. Its easy to install anything in it. My video card is just so long that it continues into my floppy drive.

Piledriver is pretty good. But Intel still beats it. When I had the money I upgraded to intel (Even though I love AMD).

Intel shows an FPS increase in all games!

But yes the Piledriver microarchtecture is a step up and the L cache's are pretty big... I almost got the FX-6300. If you don't plan on overclocking, I think that AMD is a waste.

But that ATI graphics card was a bad choice. Not only is the GPU far from near as good as Nvidia but the drivers are just terrible. I have never had a good experience with ATI.

Solid build for 600$, though. The CPU is good. Only problem is GPU, and that is just me. It may be perfect I will always prefer Nvidia.

Piledriver is pretty good. But Intel still beats it. When I had the money I upgraded to intel (Even though I love AMD).

But yes the Piledriver microarchtecture is a step up and the L cache's are pretty big... I almost got the FX-6300. If you don't plan on overclocking, I think that AMD is a waste.

But that ATI graphics card was a bad choice. Not only is the GPU far from near as good as Nvidia but the drivers are just terrible. I have never had a good experience with ATI.

Solid build for 600$, though. The CPU is good. Only problem is GPU, and that is just me. It may be perfect I will always prefer Nvidia.

i prefer to overclock intel more then AMD :|

And i agreee Nvidia

i prefer to overclock intel more then AMD :|

And i agreee Nvidia

ITT We become /g/

>intel is better hurr because price

>nvidia is better hurr because price

thats a great build you got going there, although the HDD although it its 950GB it doesn't mean that it has a fast spin rate, when you look at the HDD you should make sure that it has a spin rate of at least 7200rpm so that games load faster overall, the RAM also can be at a slower speed, i would suggest it at least remains at 1333Mhz at the minimum and the power supply should be an 80+ rated powersupply and the AMD CPUs crank out a lot of heat and I would suggest that you purchase a CPU aftermarket cooler, a decent one will run you about $30-$40 and you can keep the temperature down and you can also overclock if you are interested in that, the video card is a great choice and the case should have some decent airflow also add a fan to the top and have the aftermarket CPU cooler, if you get one, facing up. This will take heat away from your GPU and the CPU

Regards,

-ERNIE

OH ya. So the case is working out very well @@KingofOcelots. And the FX is fucking amazing @@abkarch.

Ill post a pic over the weekend of the baby.