CS:S Rotation Server

Add a CS:S rotation server?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Add a CS:S rotation server?

• Yes, with no additional mods
    • Yes, with a bank mod, and maybe a few other simple mods
    • No, I like the WAR3 mod server
    • No, and I don't play the WAR3 server

There's been more talk/threads/posts/input on having a rotation than a zombie server, so I figured since there's an open poll about a zombie server I might as well make one for a rotation server.

I propose we add a rotation server to our CS:S line up. Good old fashioned hosties and bomb & defuse. We currently have a server with WAR3 and I know a large number of people don't like that mod. I'm talking about a classic rotation server, the way CS:S is meant to be (maybe add a bank mod for saving money).

Your thoughts?

I love classic cs:s maps, just brings back memories. I reccomend, however, that you add small mods like when you get a head shot the person's head explodes, when you shoot someone blood splatters, and quake sounds like (ultra kill, humilation, headshot,etcc..) That doesn't change the game play just makes it cooler. Either way I think i like the idea.

Side note: If previous servers like this have failed maybe we can try a de_dust2 24/7?

It hasnt failed as bad as the other servers (sliderace, christmas, war3, deathrun), you only had it up for a month or so and we had a decent population on it. As long as you work it so awps are limited to team and such it could be a successful server with a little advertising

Personally I think we should wait and see how the Zombie Mod server goes, and then start to consider a rotation/pub server. If the ZM server ends up failing, then we can shut that down and implement something like a rotation server, but until then I don't think we should put up a rotation server.

Sliderace has had 0 players in the lst 24 hours, CTF and WAR3 have had 1 player in the last 24 hours. We have 3 dead servers, just sitting.

You've had zombie servers in the past (which failed) so even though you claim a pub server would fail, can it hurt to try? Might as well use some of that space that's just sitting there eating up our money to at least TRY something that you do in fact have some support for.

@@silence

If you put work into a rotation server I would help populate it. Try it with a few mods such as wire defuse, and restrictions for awp. So only one person can have one at a time on each team until map changes. If they die they can't get I back (mods like that...)

every1 loves the pub server but at times it was as dead as sliderace and the others, you guys complain about not having one and when he gave you one you still didnt even populate it =/

every1 loves the pub server but at times it was as dead as sliderace and the others, you guys complain about not having one and when he gave you one you still didnt even populate it =/

xG has never had a pud server in my time here. Like I said before, I do almsot half my cs:s playing on a pub server cuz I love that game mode, and I know a few others in this clan who do too.